Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sunday Tacos

(Bet you can't guess what we're having for dinner tonight!)

Fall is not for another two weeks, but today feels very much like a Fall day.  It was nice & cool when we got up this morning, Pastor Dave remarked about how much he liked the Fall weather in church this morning and it's still nice.  It's sunny and a little warm, but not hot.  Bill mowed the lawn after we got home and he said that it feels cooler outside than inside the house.

I trimmed a bunch of limblets off the trees in the back, and did NOT see any sign of bugs with stingy ends.  We did see several dragon flies, but since they eat grasshoppers and there are billions of those, I'm not surprised that there are so many dragon flies.  We saw a couple of hawks as well.  Also, I forgot about this, but the other day (Sunday or Monday morning), we saw an eagle on top of one of the houses under construction behind us.  It stayed there for a long time before it eventually flew off.  We couldn't tell what kind it was, but Bald Eages are in this area and it's possible.  We've seen them before.  It was B.I.G., whatever variety it was.

I'm wondering how much longer we'll have hummingbirds.  They usually start heading south about this time, and I've only seen one lately instead of the three we'd been seeing.  I'll keep the feeders up for a while, because the migrating birds need food on their journey.

There are 4 baby bluebonnets in the whiskey barrel, with two possible other ones.

Frasier is doing pretty good.  He's tolerating the cone, but he'd much prefer that he didn't have to wear it.  The spot looks grody, but it's definitely starting to shrink.  I'm spraying it twice a day, which he's not a fan of, but since he's also getting petted and ear/chin scratches at the same time he will put up with it.  It hasn't bled since Friday.  I'm thinking that he might be ok tomorrow without someone coming home at lunch and letting him in but we'll decide officially tomorrow morning.  He did manage to get into the garage while we were at church, but then he was apparently stuck and couldn't get back out.  So, their indoor water dish is going to be out in the garage so that he can at least get water.  He is able to get water with the cone on.  I can tell he's feeling good because he's getting playful again.  Even with the cone on, he's terrorizing poor Maggie! :)

I have decided that I'm going to work on my afghan now and not wait for cooler weather.  If we actually get any cool weather this winter, that is.  I originally planned it as a winter project, because it's getting big and it is warm.  My thought was that I'd be able to finish it last winter, but I kept waiting and winter never really got here.  Then it got to be summer again and it was really just too hot so the afghan stayed in the closet.  I got it out yesterday and started back on it.  I put two rows on it.  I like to have a couple of UFO's going at a time, so that if I get bored with one particular project but still want to crochet, I can.  I just don't particularly like to have huge projects or projects that take as long as the afghan has.  I think it's about 1/2 way done.  I intend to finish it this year.  I'm not going to hold my breath about winter, just in case!

We didn't really have any major tree damage from Friday's wind, but there were a few tiny limbs that had broken off.  Nothing major.  But there were some places that had it really bad, including a mobile home or trailer that was destroyed and the three people inside were killed.  And that was just "regular" wind, not tornadic.  We got enough rain after the wind so that the cars aren't all red & dusty at least.

This week will be both a busy week at work and a slow week at work.  Younger boss is on vacation, and I'll have the Teenager all to myself.  Sometimes, I get nothing at all done during Younger boss's vacations!

Movie Review:  Battleship.  It was ok.  Not spectacular, but some of the special effects were really good.  But we would have been disappointed with theater prices.

I've finally decided that my oneofthesedaysifIevergetaroundtoit mosaic project is never going to be gotten around to.  I'm going to clean out the glass pieces and either donate them (marbles & craft pieces) to Otter or (broken pieces) toss them in the recycle bin.

OK, back to my neverending chore of laundry.

No comments: