Friday, September 14, 2012

Ouchies




We got ours today.  I've been having allergy issues and was probably a little over the threshhold to get my shot, but I did anyway.  The threshhold is the line between not having an illness of any sort and having one.  It won't affect the flu shot or it's effectiveness, but it can make a reaction worse.  Since I pretty much always have one, I don't know if I'll notice or not. !!

The shot itself didn't hurt, and I felt fine for a while longer than normal.  But within about 1/2 an hour, I felt what I refer to as the "wave" come over me.  That's the wave of not feeling the best, and it's generally accompanied by a slight feeling of fever.  We were in Wally at the time, getting our mandatory ice cream, but we were nearly finished getting what was on our very small list.

We took our tylenol (Otter)/Motrin (me) about 3:00 or so and I'm probably going to take another dose when I go to bed tonight.  Otter will probably take her allergy pills.

On a lighter note, there was no appearance of the RedHead Curse today!  Although we did remember to warn the tech giving us the shots.  At least she's had the lesson and will be prepared the next time she has one of us to deal with.

The lasagne is in the oven, the garlic toast will go in when the lasagne comes out and then the ice cream will come out of the freezer.  That's the exciting Friday night we have planned.  We usually have relaxed Friday evenings anyway, but this is our annual "sick weekend" or at least it could be, so we don't generally have much planned other than maybe a drink and watching whatever is on tv.

Also, Bill's stash increased today.  He bought another pachinko at a yard sale in a neighboring town that he saw advertised on Craigslist.  This one was out in the middle of nowhere, down a country road basically.  He didn't have one like it before.  It's dirty, but they usually are.

I might see about reducing my stash tomorrow.  If I feel halfway decent, and if my arm is not too sore from the shot.  It takes a LOT to keep me away from my yarn!

No comments: