Monday, September 10, 2012

Dog Tails

Actually, Tales is the appropriate word.  But Tails sounds & looks better!

Frasier's won this round.  He was noisy all night.  He barked a couple of times, I tried to get him to go out but he wouldn't.  I went to bed and eventually used my ear plugs because of Bill's congestion and snoring because he was congested.  I didn't hear much, but I did hear my dog "talking" off and on all night.  At 4:15, I got up and I've been up ever since.  Frasier is prone to ear infections, I have drops to treat him with when he needs it.  He can't scratch his ears while wearing the cone, and his ears are bothering him.  We thought he was just griping for general purposes or because of the cone, but I now think that his ears have been bothering him for a few days.  I started treating his ears this morning.  I can tell that they were bothering him, because he lets my put the drops in without any protest.  I bought a big bottle of the ear stuff today and I'm going to be treating him two or three times a day for the next few days.

And tonight, I'm giving in and sleeping on the couch.  Otherwise, nobody gets any sleep!  I don't particularly sleep the best on the couch, but I will be able to get at least a little sleep.  So will Bill and Otter.  Maggie Moo probably doesn't want me in there, she can't sleep on the love seat when anybody is in there to see her jumping up on it.  Poor, deprived beagle!

Fraiser's surgical wound looked a little red when we got home, but he'd apparently been parked in the one dirty spot in their yard and it had a little dirt on it.  I sprayed it, then took a q-tip and gently removed the dirt.  There wasn't much.  While I was at it, I also took care of his ears and gave him his antibiotic pill.  Maggie always gets a bite of whatever Frasier's pill is in, tonight it was some ham lunch meat.

I keep remembering all those nights of being awakened by a crying baby, about 20 years ago.  But I was 20 years younger then.  This is very similar.  Except that babies grow up, dogs are eternal two-year-olds. :)

No comments: