Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Switches

No, not this kind:


The kind of switch I'm talking about is switching from this: 




to this:



We've had a couple of fairly cool nights, so it's time to change from my spring/summer quilt to Bill's fall/winter quilt.

It's been a quiet weekend.  Otter went to one of her friend's houses yesterday, for a birthday/Homestuck party that was also a sleepover for some of the girls.  Homestuck is a story series that is pretty popular, I think it's just internet based but Otter seems to really enjoy it.  She's told me a lot about it and it sounds fun.  She and her friends have regular get-togethers and there is a lot of cosplay (character costuming) involved.  Because Otter is a natural-born crafter, cosplay is right up her alley as Mom used to say.  She came home a couple of hours ago, I don't think that they got much sleep last night because about the first thing Otter said was that she was badly in need of caffiene.

Frasier is officially Nekkid Dog now, he has been for about 4 days now.  He still has some interest in the spot, but it's pretty much healed now and he doesn't seem to want to lick/chew as much as he did.  Just every so often.  He's much happier now and is also letting us sleep all night.  Maggie's also pleased, she was probably tired of having to run and hide when he wanted to play - she might have been spliced into multiple pieces by the cone!

Movie Review.  Pirates, Band of Misfits.  Let's just say that it was a complete waste of time and leave it at that.

I did get one thing done that I wanted to do this weekend:



My version of Pinterest!  It's in the stash closet, and it's intended use is for crochet & craft related things.  Articles, pictures, jokes, etc.  I have a similar sized bulletin board in the laundry room, it's covered to the point of invisibility with political, religious, etc. cartoons/columns/pictures and things that just fit us, such as cartoons that feature Engineers and their native insanity.

I'm not opposed to Pinterest, actually.  It's just something that I'm not going to participate in.  Two reasons.  1), I have well-justified privacy issues and 2) I have enough ways to waste time without adding any more!  I have a feeling that I'd probably spend hours and hours on Pinterest.  It looks like a lot of fun, though.

I think I'm going to go waste some time on Craigslist now.  We're always looking for pachinko machines, and it's just fun to browse.

No comments: