Friday, November 09, 2012

In Which I Mostly Whine

Not to be confused with Wine.  Which will probably happen later!

I feel cruddy.  I called in this morning, I did sleep last night but I didn't feel like I got a lot of rest.  I've mostly been home, although I did have to get out briefly.  I had to go to the bank and since I was out and about I went to the post office.  Otter's classes are in the morning, so she was with me this afternoon when I ran my errand and I dragged her along with me.  She didn't complain.  She actually went inside the post office, I mostly sat in the car and waited.

I did manage to get dishes washed and we've been doing laundry since we're home.  The last load is in the washer now, about to go to the dryer - dog blankets.  Which means that there will shortly be enough lint in the trap to make a whole 'nother doggie!

(OK, I'm back from putting the dog blankets in the dryer).

Tomorrow is Saturday so we wouldn't have been going anywhere anyway.  I will probably attempt to crochet a little, I managed to get several rows on the scarf I've been working on.  I'd also like to get one other thing accomplished:  transferring all my tools & stuff from the tool box to some small 3-drawer shelf "boxes" I got at Big Lots.  That's been on the agenda for a couple of days, but I didn't feel up to much at all so it hasn't happened yet.  Maybe tomorrow.  The tool box I've been using is broken and it wasn't really big enough anyway.  This is just the household tools, and Bill is NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH IT without my express permission (which I don't give easily.)  When Bill gets into it, things tend to disappear off somewhere and since the dogs can't reach it...

We're going to try a tranquilizer-free night tonight for Frasier.  Hopefully, he'll have learned during the last week that he doesn't have to have me in there all night and in his sight all the time.  That was the idea behind the tranquilizers, give them to him for about a week and go to bed while he was still awake to watch me/us leave the room.  And not come back until the next morning.  He's acting like he never had any health issues, he's bouncier than he's been in months and more playful than I've seen him in so long I can't really remember.  He's not exactly happy at the moment - Otter vacuumed the liviing room and then I washed their blankets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope he keeps it up. keep me posted on how he does. We are doing house maintenance chores tomorrow. i am planning on doing some quilting.
Froggy