Thursday, November 08, 2012

Kinda Cold

I'm not talking about the weather.  I'm talking about me.  And I don't mean my temperature.  I mean that I have a cold.  It's been coming on all day and now, I think it's arrived.  I had pretty bad sinus congestion yesterday and was beginning to suspect a sinus infection but that cleared up and I woke up with minor symptoms that could have been allergy.  Until I had a sneezing fit about 7:00 this morning, I stopped counting at about 15.  I'm not exaggerating!  I've been trying to fight it off all day, but it's won the fight and I'm officially "cold."

Uck.

I went to Sam's at lunch.  And bought 4 large cans of chicken broth, because I'm making chicken noodle soup tomorrow.  I would have made it tonight but Bill wanted us to help him get the White Lightning cleaned up (it might be on the market) so I knew we wouldn't have time.  But then when Otter and I got home, he was just about through washing it so we didn't have to.  However, he then answered an ad on Craigslist for a Pachinko Machine so we ran off to look at it.  (He didn't buy it - you know, old & rare & worth a lot of $$ - except that it wasn't.)  When we got home, it was kind of late to make soup so I just warmed up some of the tuna casserole we had last night.

I'll see how I feel in the morning, but I'm not sure I'll be going in.  If I do go in, I might not make the day but I'll figure it out in the morning.  Hopefully, I'll sleep tonight.  I set the humidifier up in our room last night.  It's on my side of the bed and it did help me last night but I might move it a little closer to the bed tonight.

Also, we're dealing with smoke.  There has been a fairly large grass fire all day, to the southwest of us.  It's on the other side of the river from us and a few miles, but it's been very windy and the smoke is all over the area.  Miles away into Tulsa and surrounding towns, including ours.  It's really bad and not helping my cold symptoms!  Even in the house, we can still smell it.  I noticed that Frasier kept sneezing when he and Maggie were playing in the back yard.  I don't think we're in any danger from the fire, there is the river a few miles away which is between it and us.  But the smoke is a problem.

Achoo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rest,rest,rest! You might try wearing a breathing mask when you go outside. Get well soon.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I hadn't planned on going back out, but Bill wasn't sure where the pachinko was and I knew the area so I went with him.