Monday, November 19, 2012

Nobody Stop Him!

Bill's still at it.  Cleaning the garage, that is.  I'm not stopping him and I'm not about to let anyone else stop him, either.  :)

Today, he counted pachinko machines.  He has 53.  Sometimes, there are more.  But he's sold a few so the number is down a bit.  Also, when you walk out my kitchen door into the garage and look to your right there is now actual space to move around and space to get into a cupboard that has probably only been opened once since we moved into this house.  I think the old ice cream freezer is stored in there, but since I haven't been able to even get to this particular cupboard I can't really say for sure.  No telling what else we'll find in there, but it wil probably be things we thought were gone for good.  :)

I talked to the dentist today, about Otter's upcoming oral surgery.  I requested that Otter get the nitrous oxide gas so that's taken care of.  I asked about stitches and when they might need to be removed, seeing as how Christmas is the next week and there will be a few days that the dentist's office is closed.  Normally, it's about a week - which would put it at Christmas Eve and they are not open that day.  Possibly, she can be worked in on Friday if the dentists feels like it is ok but upper extractions don't always need stitches.  Either way, we can postpone our normal Christmas Eve picnic meal if we need to.  We'll have to see how things go.

I'm not going to talk about Frasier and how good he's behaving for a while.  Every time I talk about it, he proves me wrong.  Last night was no exception, but he only barked once right after we went to bed and I yelled "NO" as loud as I could.  Then he was quiet after that.  I thought about getting up and giving him a pill, but I didn't want him to think that barking was allowed since he was probably checking to see if I'd come in there.

Froggy, Otter was overjoyed with the box of fabric you sent her.  She was also happy to get the bag of buttons that was in the box.  We went through it a little bit and will probably dig into it this week when we have a little more time.  It was bigger than I expected.

We noticed that the Salvation Army bell ringers are out already.  They usually start the day after Thanksgiving, but they're out early this year.  We stopped at the grocery store for a couple of things this afternoon and Otter had a bunch of change fortunately.  All mine was at home, since I wasn't expecting them to be out so soon.  When we left the store, there was a woman talking to the bell ringer and it was almost like an interrogation.  She was asking him how much he got paid and couldn't seem to accept the fact that he was a volunteer.  Not sure what her issue was, but she was strange.  Guess that some people just can't understand being selfless and doing things to help others without getting recognition for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that Otter likes the box of scraps. I mailed another box of scraps about the same size as the first one. This is the last of the scraps.
We don't have a garage to clean out, but we do have the cottage. It was a mess but will be great when we finish it. Froggy