Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Blind Ambition

Kind of a blah day today.  We've been busy, but I'm tired and Bill's probably closer to being exhausted than tired.  He's been fighting the bug for over a week now and is refusing to even consider the fact that he probably should have gone to the doctor several days ago.  He's mostly over the fever, but he's still got a lot of congestion, sneezing & coughing.  He's choked his way through the last couple of nights due to the cough.  Which means that neither one of us has really gotten much sleep for the last few nights.  We can't blame it on the dog this time!  Can you tell I'm not particularly happy with him at the moment?  :)

We bought mini-blinds for the dining room windows today.  There is one large window with two smaller windows, one on each side of the large window, they are bay windows so they are extended out a bit and are angled.  I measured them today, and then had to measure them again because the two small windows are not the same size width.  And all three of them are different lenght-wise as well.  ??  Anyway, we went to Lowe's and looked at their mini-blinds and I decided to just go ahead and get them while we were there.  They cut them to the correct size, or at least we hope they did.  We'll get them hung in the next couple of days, depending on Bill and how he feels and hopefully I won't have to return them for size correction.  I had sheer curtains there at first, then I switched to actual curtains but we never closed them so it could probably have just been left "open."  However, there is now construction happening in the area behind us, which was a cow field when we first moved to our current home.  Who cares if the cows can see inside?  Not us.  But now we're faced with houses getting closer and closer to us, and the roofers on the closest two could probably see inside one of the smaller windows so the curtain was closed until they were through.  Instead of constantly closing & opening the curtains, which is what I would have been doing eventually, I decided to just go get mini-blinds and not have to worry about it moving everything out of the way (including lots of plants) just to be able to close the curtains.  I've been thinking about replacing the curtains in the one window in the living room - which also looks out on the back yard and will eventually have a house back there.  I'm probably just going to move the curtains from the dining room windows to that window, and then most likely donate the current curtains in the living room window.

(I prefered the cows, actually.)

Froggy, Otter and I got into the boxes of fabric today.  She will probably use most of it, at some point.  There's a lot, so she's got a good-sized stash and she's happy.  It's all in a large, under-bed plastic box.  Which is now under my bed, since hers has no more room underneath it for anything!

We watched the last 20 minutes or so of American Hoggers this afternoon.  I have to admit that it makes me Homesick to watch that show sometimes.  Something about the great outdoors of TEXAS, and also the fact that they sound like us just gets to us.

I think I'm going to make chili tonight.  With lots and lots and lots of chili seasoning.  Maybe it will help Willieboy?  Can't hurt him, at any rate.

Besides, we are TEXAN and chili is part of our lifeblood.  It was the menu before we watched the hog hunters show, but now we really want it.

No comments: