Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Are We Sure It's Not Monday?

Cause you can't tell by me!  It's been a Monday-ish day all day long.  I mean All Day LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
 
I couldn't wait for 3:30 to roll around so I could escape.  Of course, I then had errands to run and everywhere was crowded.  The liquor store was pretty busy, that's typical before a major holiday.  The post office was absolutely horrible, I stood in line for something like 30 minutes just to mail one small item for Bill.  The grocery store was pretty crowded, which I expected.  I didn't intend to wait until the night before Thanksgiving to buy our groceries, it just worked out that way.  They were running out of things, not just the typical Thanksgiving meal items either.  Grenadine?  None left.  Cheese was also going fast, just the regular cheese and not the specialty stuff.  There was one really delightful older gentleman who was shopping with his wife.  He had a particular look, one that involves a long white beard, full belly and a red hat!  I told him that I thought he must be very popular this time of year, and he said that he had so much fun with the little ones.  Really nice man, he reminded me of Dad even though he didn't resemble him at all.  It was the fun-loving attitude.
 
I had a small migraine yesterday, nothing big but it probably had something to do with why I didn't sleep too well last night.  I had to run to Wallyworld on the way in this morning, then I had errands at lunch (Michael's was pretty busy, too) and then work was kind of chaotic.  Add my after-work errands in, and the result is that I am exhausted.  I think I'm going to have a drink in a little while - that is, IF I can get up from the couch.  I have a large coyote asleep with his rear right up against my left foot and a beagle against my right foot!
 
At least I didn't have Otter's schedule.  She went in to work at 3:30 (just when I get off) and doesn't get off until 11:30 tonight.  They're stocking the shelves to be ready for Black Friday.  She has it even worse then, she goes in to work at 4:00 a.m.!

No comments: