Thursday, November 20, 2014

Not Really Sure Why I Bothered

with the flu shot.  Because I'm pretty sure I've got the flu!  It could still be the flu-like bug that the Tulsa Health Department talked about, but I'm pretty sure that the bug does not include the Hot/Chills combination that I've been dealing with today.  I've also had a few spells of achiness.  If it is the flu, I'm past the point of time where Tamiflu would be helpful.  If it is the bug and not the flu, I still have to treat the symptoms the same and just wait it out.  Ugg!  Also, this is at least the 3rd time in the last few years that I've (maybe this time) gotten the flu after the shot.  If you get the shot and then get the flu anyway, it's usually a slightly lighter case.
 
I felt better this morning, not well but at least better.  So I went in and wasn't even to work when I started to feel worse.  I got a few things done that I figured I'd better do while I was there, they weren't urgent and could have waited but I was there so they are done.  I left somewhere around 10:00, after telling Younger Boss that I thought I had the flu and watching him get to the other side of the office in a hurry!  He apparently hasn't gotten the flu shot yet, so I don't blame him.  If it is the bug and not the flu, it's still contagious and I still don't blame him!  I told him that I'll see how I feel in the morning but he told me not to push myself if I'm not up to it.  The Teenager called me this afternoon and told me that he does not want to see me until Monday, at least.  I'm probably not even going to try to go in tomorrow, but I won't actually decide until the morning.  I'll have to decide pretty early, Bill will take my car if I don't go in.
 
The doggies were happy when I got home today.  They were also happy yesterday because I was home all day long.  I took about a 2-hour nap on the couch yesterday afternoon, it was interrupted a couple of times because of a certain large, furry coyote that had to check on me a couple of times.  When I woke up, both Frasier & Maggie were snoozing on the floor beside the couch.
 
I did have to take the office mail to the post office so I went to the office where our box is and cleared it out.  I had to drive right by Otter's store and the grocery store next to it, so I stopped there for OJ and milk.  I got a bottle of cranberry juice and left it in Otter's car, she's probably safe but a little more vitamin C certainly won't hurt her.  I texted her, I didn't actually see her because I don't want to infect her - she was having some mild asthma issues like I started out with but she was also in a dusty situation at work the last couple of days so it might just be that.  Probably is, but I didn't want to take any chances.  She texted me (in fun):  DO NOT GET NEAR ME YOU GERM-RIDDLED PLAGUE MONKEY!!! It really was joking, and I was amused.
 
Bill's not so lucky, he has to live with me.  He's on vacation next week.  Bill + scheduled vacation quite frequently = sick boy.  I'm not kidding when I told him that it is NOT allowed, he can NOT get sick.  If he does, I just might make him sleep on the front porch.  After all, there is a porch swing out there so he wouldn't have to sleep on the cold concrete porch! :)

No comments: