Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thursday's Other Stuff

We had a really nice day.  It was quiet and since it was just the three of us it was a different Thanksgiving than usual.  But it was nice.  The pizza was very good and (most important) Otter could eat it without too much difficulty.  She also went through the plastic drawer unit (like my yarn drawers) that had a lot of stuff in it.  She was thinking that she might still need one drawer but that I could have the rest of it "in case" I needed it for yarn.  But when she got through going through the drawers, she didn't need one after all.  So she gave it to me.  My plan is to use it mainly for desk/office supplies, and not for yarn.  However, the reason I have 3 of those drawer sets already filled with yarn is because I had two and bought a 3rd one just to use with desk/office supplies!  It didn't take long at all for it to become filled with yarn.  I do have the two smaller drawer sets that are holding yarn, I might take that yarn and put it in the one Otter gave me today then use the two smaller ones for desk/office supplies.
 
Anyway, Otter took a box of stuff with her when she left, tossed quite a bit in the trash, put a few things in the donate pile and found a few more books for the eventual take-to-the-book-trader trip.  I found a few sewing related things in my closet and they have been transferred to My Room now.  I've been rearranging a few things in there and have some stuff in the closet.  It doesn't look like it was ever a bedroom now, which was kind of a difficult Mom Moment for me!
 
When Otter left, she also took pizza with her to share with Roomie.  Half of a pepperoni and half of a supreme.  Which left us the same amount.  It was good and fun to make, as usual.  Hopefully, Roomie will like it too.
 
Maggie was overjoyed when Otter got here.  She was snoozing in a sunny spot and I simply said "Maggie, Door."  It was enough to get a very interested expression on the beagle's face and she turned her head in the direction of the door, then I went towards the door which got her going full speed ahead in the same direction.  And she was talking all the way.  It was about 10 minutes until Otter got here, Maggie talked the entire time.  Not sure what she was saying, but she was telling me something alright!  She was really excited when her Otter got here.  So was Frasier, he spent most of the wait time staring at the front door but he was not standing at the door, wiggling and making noise.
 
We went to Wallyworld this afternoon.  I was surprised that they were going to be open today, I expected them to be open tonight for pre-Black Friday sales.  But they were open and we were able to go get almost everything I couldn't get last night at the grocery store.  No sign of fajita seasoning, I'm going to have to see about ordering a case on the McCormick website.  But I was able to get dog food and a couple of other things I needed.  All over the store were stacks of things with "Not For Sale Until 6:00 p.m." signs.  They also had some aisles block off with extra stock.  There were not too many shoppers and the ones we saw were mostly getting things like groceries.  I'm not going to be part of the Black Friday madness, I usually avoid it.  I do have to go to the post office tomorrow, Bill has two orders of pachinko stuff that I need to mail for him.  But that might be it.  Otter and I were going to a local museum's Christmas display after she gets off work but we're going to wait until next Sunday (a week from this coming Sunday) since she's off that day.  Also, we wanted J to go with us and he can't go tomorrow but probably can next weekend.  We might take the books for Otter to trade in then, since we'll have the Pack Mule known as J with us!
 
Tomorrow is also the day we're going to get the carpet cleaner out and tackle half of the living room.  We're doing it in two halves, the 2nd half will be Sunday because I'm going to be part of the Small Business Saturday madness, and hit a few antique/craft stores including the booth store and quite probably the yarn store in Tulsa.
 
After all, I now have 5 more drawers to fill!! :)

No comments: