Thursday, November 06, 2014

Too Tired!

But at least it's almost Friday.  That's a Good Thing, by the way.
 
It's been a busy week and I've spent a lot of time either sitting in a chair and bending over repeatedly to pick things up out of a filing cabinet, or standing on my feet for hours on end getting things out of higher filing cabinet drawers.  In other words, backache!  Mostly, my lower back.
 
I've also been running full speed ahead and had to deal with the tummy bug that Bill shared with me.
 
I'm so glad that it's almost the weekend!  I think my Saturday plans include shopping.  Followed by more shopping.  And maybe then shopping after that.  :)  Actually, I'm not planning on going nuts with shopping but I am looking for a few things to put in what is now the guest bathroom.  It used to be Otter's bathroom.  She left the ruby colored shower curtain and I like it so I'm not changing it.  I moved some of my Fenton in there, the goldish color and the reddish color.  They look really well and I've always liked red and yellow colors together.  I need to get a couple of decorative towels, a new bathmat and probably a new trash can.  The trash can that is in there now will be moved to the laundry room, since the one in the laundry room is the upside-down thimble shape that will be in my craft/sewing/YARN/guest room.  The bathmat is a creamish color but it's several years old and it's flaking more and more off of the back each time it gets washed.  Bill tends to panic when a bathmat gets replaced because it's frequently the first sign that I'm redecorating!  This time, the old bathmat is just crumbling.  But I'm going to change the color, it will be something that goes with the gold/red color and I'll probably get it at the same time as the towels.
 
I've been working on Otter's blanket and I think I'm going to be able to finish it with the remaining yarn I bought for it.  She was over here yesterday to bring the car back, I held the blanket up to her and it's going to be big enough.  It's going to be bigger than a lap blanket, which is what I wanted.  I'm enjoying working on it and it's going fast.
 
ComicCon Tulsa is this weekend.  Otter had originally planned on going, but early on it was obvious that it was going to sell out fast and also that the tickets were going to be astronomical.  So she decided it probably wouldn't work out this year.  Then she moved, and it's not really in her budget anyway.  She's not too upset, although she would have enjoyed it.  The main reason she was wanting to go at first was because Stan Lee was announced as being one of the main attractions.  However, shortly after that Mr. Lee started pulling out of everything he was scheduled for and that includes Tulsa.  He's gifted, but he's not a young man by any stretch of the imagination and we're kind of afraid of why he's suddenly cancelling all his appearances.
 
Froggy, I still have the butterfly shaped hook to send to you.  I have something else that I'm sending you, too.  Eventually, when I get around to it!  I'll let you know when I send it, but I'm not sure if I'm still looking for something else for you or not.  Probably!

No comments: