Sunday, November 02, 2014

Just a Matter of Time.....

Getting There!

I'm not surprised.  At all!
 
It's been a somewhat busy day, for a Sunday.  I saw a pachinko machine in a craigslist ad last night, it was for an antique-ish store in Tulsa and the ad was actually for the store so nothing was said about the machine.  But the machine was pictured, so we decided to go look at it today.  We went by the booth first, then we picked Otter up to take her somewhere (she has a way home, she just needed a ride to meet J since she brought the car back yesterday).  After we dropped her off, Bill and I headed to a Chinese buffet and had a nice lunch.  We eventually found the store, although it was hidden and hard to see - exactly opposite of what their craigslist ad said!  The machine was overpriced, $85.00 for a machine missing some major parts and with some dirt and also the seller said it was from the mid-1940's.  It's actually from 1977, there is a code to date them.  The owner of the store called the booth owner to see if she'd go lower, she said $50 but Bill didn't even want to go $40. He would have gone to maybe $35, but we weren't surprised that she didn't want to come down so far from her $85 price.  So we left without it, but Bill left one of his cards with the owner.  It was still a fun shop, Froggy we might go back there when you visit me next time.
 
After we got home, I got busy in Otter's old room.  We had been thinking that the craft stuff was going to get put in the attic, but I decided to put it on the shelves in the garage next to my work bench since there's probably a lot of stuff that I would want to use.  I have been consolidating some of the boxes, Otter didn't pack them as much as she just tossed things into boxes and I made 3 or 4 boxes out of 6 or 7.  Today, I emptied the remaining craft stuff out of her desk, moved the much smaller stack of boxed craft supplies to one spot, moved the boxes that will go to the attic to another spot and then got the vacuum.  I vacuumed the spot where the craft boxes were originally stacked, then I moved the desk to that spot.  I vacuumed where the desk was, after I spent quite a bit of time on my hands and knees picking up beads that had fallen behind/under the desk!  There are still 3 picnic baskets, they mostly have her sewing stuff and some fabric and will probably be stored in the closet.  There is also a plastic drawer unit that has some craft stuff, some misc. stuff and some stuff that I don't have a clue what she wants to do with it.  In the middle of her room is a fairly good-sized stack/pile of boxes & misc. stuff that she's going to go through next.  That will leave the closet.  I opened the closet yesterday to see how big it actually is, and it kind of exploded on me!  I told her that she has until Thanksgiving to have it all done/cleaned out/sorted/taken home with her/donated and she agreed to that.  After the pile in the middle of the floor is done, I'm going to take everything out of the closet and it will become the pile in the middle of the floor to go through.
 
Maggie Moo helped me in Otter's room today.  She stayed in there almost the entire time I was in there.  She did her pedicure, groomed herself, scratched for a while and took a nap.  She was a big help!  The most movement I saw out of her was when I brought the vacuum in and she had to scoot out of the way.  She didn't scoot very far, just enough to get out of the way and then she went back to sleep.  Frasier stuck his head around the door a few times but he never actually came inside.  The dog block/baby gate has been moved back to where we can get into the hall bathroom without having to climb over the thing and now the dogs have realized that the first bathroom is open to them.  However, as that is where they usually get bathed they have almost no interest in going in there!  Frasier has peeked in there a couple of times (my dog the peeping Tom!) but he won't actually go into the bathroom.  Maggie Moo followed me in there once, then she suddenly realized where she was - talk about Deer in the Headlights!  She hightailed it out of there as fast as she could get those paws moving.
 
Before we left the house this morning, I got Otter's remaining shoes boxed up to take to her (she was going into shoe withdrawel without her shoe stash!  She was very glad to get the boxes with her shoes) and I found evidence that last winter's mice were nesting in her closet.  Specifically, in one particular short boot - it was filled with feathers that had previously been in the craft supplies and it looked like a mouse had actually made a nest IN the shoe - I left the feather nest intact so Otter could see it - trust me, she's her Mother's Daughter and she thought it was neat.  I'm sure that I'll come across more evidence when I pull the rest of the stuff out of her closet.  There are still some clothes in the closet, but mostly spring stuff and I think that there are probably more cosplay pieces.  And more craft/sewing stuff!  She's got a bunch of belts and a couple of purses, and I also noticed that her Black Belt is in there.  I was wondering where it was, but apparently she knew it was in the closet.
 
Otter and J saw the movie, The Book of Life this afternoon.  She texted me that it was really good.  I hope so, we were afraid it was going to ruin the idea of the Day of the Dead but she said they really enjoyed it.  Eventually, Bill and I will see it.
 
It did get pretty cold overnight Friday into Saturday, but not quite as cold as it was supposed to be.  It was below freezing, but not more than a couple of degrees.  It was a freeze, just not a hard freeze.  It was cold enough to have a fire yesterday morning, which was really nice.  I don't think any of my plants were affected, but the pepper plants are probably through producing fruit anyway.  Unfortunately, the freeze was not enough to kill much, if any, of the stuff we're allergic to.  It's been very windy today, which does not help a bit.  If I'm not sneezing, Bill is.  I set the humidifiers up Friday night and we'll be using them for the next several months.  Otter said she thinks she'll probably get one.  We'll see how she feels tomorrow after the dentist and maybe run by Wally or Target to look at them if she's up to it.
 
I did get a couple of rows added on to Otter's blanket yesterday, I never quite got around to going to the antique/junk store I planned on, but at least I did get some serious crochet time in!

No comments: