Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Could Have Done Without Another One

A migraine, that is.  I was in the grocery store and had just managed to get past the evil scented pinecones but I could still smell just a hint so that might have had something to do with it - they are that horrible.  Anyway, I was just getting started on putting stuff in the basket when I saw the first hint of a flasher.  I did think about leaving my basket there and heading home, but I can usually tell how bad the flashers will be and how long they will take before my vision clears completely and I didn't want to risk driving home with a flasher causing vision issues.  I figured I had about 45 minutes until it cleared completely, so I got my groceries and it was nearly cleared up by the time was ready to check out.  The headache isn't severe, but it is there and I know it!
 
Oh and Otter did say that she liked the Tooth Fairy idea!  But since we'd been to Michael's and used my 25% off on the entire purchase coupon and she had stuff in the purchase, I told her I'd just pay for what she bought.  She thought that was a good trade off!  :)
 
I got into Otter's closet yesterday morning.  I pulled everything out of it already, and I took the vacuum to the feather/mouse nests before I went to work yesterday.  And the vacuum promptly clogged up!  Lots of feathers, as well as quite a bit of plastic bag pieces and torn up paper which had all been used as nesting material.  Bill took the vacuum hose off and found the clog, and it also contained a small plastic spork! 
 
I am going to vacuum the closet again tomorrow, and then I'm going to move the picnic baskets to the closet.  They are filled with part of Otter's fabric stash.  The remaining stuff from the closet is going to be boxed up for Otter to go through when she gets a chance, and I'll vacuum the rest of her old room then.  And then I'm going to move (the rest of) my yarn stash in there.  The next thing is to bring the sewing machines in, then I just need to arrange it all.  Otter took the last of the clothing last night, she cleaned out the stuff she wanted to donate and the stuff she wanted to keep.  She wanted me to hang on to her Black Belt for a while, she doesn't really have a place for it.  It's in my closet for the moment, but I think I'm going to put it in the Guest/Craft/YARN room when I move the yarn stash in there.
 
I took my car in for the oil change today.  I went back to the Chevy dealer that we've been using, the service manager who was such a jerk is gone and we thought we'd give it one more try.  The other Impala needs to get the oil changed as well, I'll take it next week but I'm not sure if I'll be taking it to the same dealer or another one.
 
Cold!  It was in the mid-20's this morning and our high for the day was 32.  I think it got there, but I don't think it got any warmer.  By the time I was coming out of the grocery store, which was just a little after 5:00, it was really cold and felt like the temperature was dropping.  We have a fire going, we've had several already and I'm thinking that Bill should probably get at least one more load.  Not that we know where we'll put it!

No comments: