Monday, November 03, 2014

Rooting

Otter's root canal was today.  She did pretty good.  The dentist remembered the Redhead Lesson she gave him last week and he made sure she had plenty of the novacane to get through the procedure.  She also had the laughing gas, it took longer than the numbness did to wear off but that's because it affects us completely differently than the non-Reds.  It only took about 45 minutes for the procedure.  She has a mild pain pill, it's basically super-strength motrin and is non-narcotic.  He also wanted her to stay on the antibiotic for a few more days so he gave her a refill on the prescription he gave her last week.  She decided that she did want to go back to the office with me after all, which is what she thought she would do.  She camped out on the sofa in my office with her laptop and ipod.  She didn't eat an actual lunch, but she did eat some yogurt about noon.  About 2:30, she was obviously very tired so I told my bosses that I thought we should head on home - they practically chased us out!  You'd think she was their kid or something (well, I think that they DO think that!). :)  I brought her home with me, she camped out on the couch at home and I got busy in the kitchen making potato soup.  It was pretty good, she enjoyed it and took two servings home with her.  She said she felt much better after she ate.  I told her that she should probably think about tuna or something like that if she was hungry this evening.  She goes back next Monday for the crown prep, which I think includes the impressions.
 
We could get rain tonight, and probably for the next couple of days.  It's supposed to be cool but not cold this week.  We'll see, sometimes they do get it right but not always!
 
Bill was under the weather today, he didn't sleep too well and he had a "sad tummy" this morning so he called in.  He's feeling better this evening, it's never fun when he gets sick!  The potato soup helped him, too.  This time, I made it with "baker" potatos and it was really good.
 
While I was waiting for Otter at the dentist, I got another row done on her blanket and am now on the third skein.  I still have 3 left, but I won't be surprised if I wind up buying another skein.  Otter has also requested another scarf/hat combo, so that makes 4 projects for her (including the blanket) that I have lined up now.  Not that I'm complaining, but she has a knack for always wanting something out of yarn that I don't already have!  She is my Chief Enabler, after all.

No comments: