Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Just Friday

And I'm glad.  It's been a busy week.  Just busy, not anything in particular.  Just busy!

Billyboy's been listing stuff on eBay, and he's even listing at least one pachinko.  Of course, they are still stacked all over the living room, garage, on the blanket chest in our room...

So far so good with the bluebonnets.  One of them is not doing well, it's probably dead.  But the rest are doing good.  I put them outside this morning and will bring them back inside for the night.  They will probably be put outside during the day for a while, it's cool but sunny and they need the sunlight.  Hopefully, they will survive and bloom.

My wonderful, really cool older boss turned 94 last Sunday.  He hasn't been in the office a whole lot this week, he's been busy being the teenager at heart that he really is.  Today, he came in long enough to tell me that he and his precious wife were going to be busy.  They were going to babysit their great-grandsons.  The oldest one is two.  Shortly before I left, he came back in to tell me how exhausting 2-year-old boys are!  But he's not much older than they are, really.  :)  He's more or less ordered me to bring Otter in to see him, so probably one day next week.  Otter will enjoy it as much as he will.  He and his wife are like great-grandparents to her.  I think that they would have taken her off my hands in a heartbeat!  And she's probably have gone willingly, by the way.

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of when Bill and I met.  Last year, we cleaned carpets and had Digorno pizzas.  This year, we decided the carpets were fine and we had steaks & baked potatos.  It was a lot more fun than last year!

This weekend's activities include possibly replacing the kitchen faucet.  Such an exciting life we lead...   :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

steaks and baked potatoes much more fun. No cake or dessert? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Yes, there was cake. I guess I forgot to mention it.

Anonymous said...

What kind of cake? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

It was a white cake with butter cream icing. Very good!