Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zombie Bites

Otter went to the library today, to a teen program.  It was about zombies.  How to detect them, how to avoid them and - most importantly - how to look like you've been attacked!  She had a great time.  I spent the time browsing the shelves and found several.  My bookshelf was sad, it didn't have any books on it.  But now, it's happy.

Our 8-legged visitor is still hanging out by the window.  It looks like he has a few food sources in his web now.  But he probably won't be there much longer.  It's fixin to** get cold.  Like 30's tonight and tomorrow night.

I hope that it does freeze, my allergies are about to get the best of me.  It's not fun.

Otter has been cutting out pieces for the skirt she's making.  I just took all the sewing supplies out of the closet in search of the one thing she needs.  And it's the one thing I don't have:  interfacing!  I really thought I had some, I don't need it too often but I have needed it enough to keep it on hand.  Guess I get to run to the fabric store on my lunch hour tomorrow.  Or maybe right after work, I have a reserved book at another branch of the library which I want to get tomorrow.  Anyway, she just needs a small amount of interfacing.  She can't go any further on skirt construction without it.  She was hoping that she would not have to spend all day Saturday sewing, but it looks like she's probably going to.  She might be able to start it tomorrow after school.  It's not a particularly complicated project, just a simple skirt.  But the party is Saturday evening so she is out of time.  I made her promise me that she won't wait until the last minute the next time!

We'll see about that.

I'm also going to go through the stuff I just took out of the closet.  I'm thinking that a lot of it will be donated.  It's been there for a couple of years.  If I haven't used it now, I probably will never use it.  Not all of it, there is still plenty of stuff like sock monkey parts and stuffing.  But there is still plenty that needs to be re-homed.  Froggy, if I think that there is anything you might be interested in I will let you know.

**Texasspeak:  Fixin to.  Usually a verb, it means that someone is about to do something or that something is about to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started on kid3's quilt today. Yes let me know if there is anything that I might want. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

You must have checked my blog immediately after I posted this, it's only been about 5 minutes!