Friday, October 22, 2010

Quick Friday Update

I'm burning daylight here.  Literally!  Sunset is in about 30 minutes so I have to type fast. :)  (I type VERY FAST so it's not a problem).

Anyway.

Maggie Moo is doing much better.  We started her on the medication last night.  Which she sees as a treat.  The antibiotic is a pill and she takes it easly.  The capsule is the fun part.  It was wrapped in a piece of ham.  Talk about an excited dog!  This morning, Frasier was inside when we medicated her so he got a piece of toast crust when she got her pill and then he got a tiny piece of ham when she got hers.  Tonight, she was absolutely dancing when she saw the pill bottles in Otter's hand.  I mean dancing, standing up on her back legs and walking around the kitchen - in circles.  Frasier got a bite of pizza crust when she took her pill and then he also got a tiny ham bite when she got hers.  I think that Maggie is feeling better anyway, she was a little droopy the last couple of days which we thought might be because of her spot on her head and now that she's been on the medication she's bouncy again.  I think the spot looks better, also.

Froggy, you asked me when I was going yarn shopping.  I answered your comment (on my last entry) with another comment.  But I'm re-running my answer:  Not any time soon.  I really am trying to de-stash, and unless I need a specific yarn for a project I'm not buying any.  I bought the yarn for my afghan this week, it's going to be be sage & white alternating rows since I couldn't find athe variegated green & white I wanted.  I had to buy some to be able to finish out my pillows and I started the first side of the last one yesterday.  I have a few other projects in mind that I already have yarn for.

But I have been shopping.  Just not for yarn.  For my other addiction/obsession/collection:  FENTON!  I will get a picture posted in the next day or so, but I found an absolutely pristine vaseline glass vase in opalescent hobnail.  $10.00, which is above my normal price but this one is worth it.  It was at the antique/junk/craft place where I found the picnic basket.

I think that my other vase I got this week is probably Westmoreland glass.  It is still going to be part of my collection even though it's not Fenton.  Fenton is my main glass obsession, but if I like pieces by other companies and they are in my preferred price range, I'll generally buy them.  Besides, it was a $1.48 so it would probably have come home with me if it were Brody Company!  (Brody is an older company that makes (made?) glass items but they aren't rare and aren't especially well-done pieces for the most part).

Otter went to work with me today.  She works cheap - lunch & a trip to the bookstore!  Can't beat that.  We keep thinking that it's the last time she'll go with me.  I've decided that I'm going to treat each time like it is the last time, and enjoy it.  And I did enjoy today.

We might get rain tonight.  The southern part of the state could get "Spring Like Storms" but we aren't necessarily expected to.  Probably just rain, and possibly all weekend.  Well, it is Fall after all.  Otter's BF is from New Hampshire.  He said that while everybody here is happy to see the trees turn, to him it's like they just all turn brown and fall off.  He's seen real season change and I can see where he's coming from on that one.  But to me, the seasons do change up here and we're glad of it.

OK, just about out of time!

No comments: