Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Candy Corn


Always one of our favorites!  Probably one of the worst ones for us, but always good.

Otter enjoyed the party, they had pizza, candy, games and movies.  I picked her up this morning and we ran a few errands.  She says she's tired, but that they didn't stay up too late - 1:30 ish.

Maggie was evicted from Otter's room again, at least for last night.  Otter's purse was left where the dog could reach it.  Maggie took everything out of it (I'm not sure how considering that she doesn't have opposable thumbs).  And some of it was candy.  She ate at least some Nerds and most of one Bit O Honey.  Then she proceeded to run around like a headless chicken, at least until the sugar buzz wore off!  But now that Otter's home, Maggie has access to "their" room again.  Sugar really isn't good for dogs, but it's not as bad as chocolate at least.  Maggie was funny, she was zooming around the living room until we finally got one of her tug toys in self-defense!  We played with her for a while, then she more or less crashed and curled up on a blanket piece that was on the floor.  And she stayed there until this morning.  Guess she was a tired beagle!

We quit doing the Halloween candy thing a couple of years ago, because there aren't that many young kids in the neighborhood at the moment.  But we still had our own treat.  DiGornio's!  And cupcakes, because we had to have something (un)healthy and sugary.

Froggy, I emailed you two pictures this morning.  They are of the latest projects which I won't post here or on the craft blog yet.  But now you've seen them, so you can quit complaining.  About that, at least! :)

Bill mowed the front lawn today.  That is, after he replaced the pull cord on the mower.  The one that Frasier chewed off.  This is the 3rd time.  The first two times were the old mower, and after the second time Bill found some type of thick, harder rubber hose that he ran the cord through so Frasier couldn't chew it as easily.  I didn't realize that he left it on the old mower, however.  He's going to have to do the same thing to the current mower, because Frasier is very smart and he does not forget very much.

I cut down the sunflower.  It was just about dead, I left it up for a while so the birds could get the seeds.  But it was past time, so it got snipped and tossed.  Hopefully, there will be more come up next year.  And hopefully, I'll find them before Bill does!  He doesn't like sunflowers, he thinks the plants look like weeds.  I think he's crazy.  Well, he is!  But I mean about the sunflower plants.

Bill also wanted to play Chase.  With Frasier.  And the lawn mower.  (I told him no!).

I guess that is it for today.  I'm going to probably get the 2nd half of my final pillow cover crocheted this afternoon and then I might get the fabric covers sewn.  I adjusted the tension on the sewing machine and it works better.  I think it still needs to be serviced, but there aren't a lot of places here that work on them.  But I can at least use it now.

Also, Otter is going to finish her skirt.  Hopefully, this week.  It's going to be a busy week, but I'm going to try to get the sewing finished up on my pillows.  Then, it's afghan time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Uncle does not like Sunflowers either. He thinks they look like weeds We mowed and weedeated the backyard today and I finally let him pull the last sunflower up. The seeds were all gone. I thank it will come up again next year.
I saw the pictures they look good.
Froggy