Monday, July 02, 2012

Cold Front Monday

We actually had a cold front hit today.  It only got into the 90's!  But they are actually calling it a cold front.  Makes no sense to me.

Anyway.

At least we didn't have to go to work today.  Otter did have classes, but the first one met at a local museum and they have a paper to write based on some of the exhibits.  Her 2nd class was at the school campus, but I don't think she really feels like she had a full school day.  I took her to the museum, then I went to Sam's which is just down the street and I also went to Hobby Lobby which is across the street from Sam's.  I had a trip planned to Sam's this week, so I just scheduled it for today.  Hobby Lobby was unplanned, but I got to Sam's about 15 minutes or so before they opened and didn't want to wait in the car.  I needed something at Hobby Lobby, and they were already open.  I got out of there just about the time Sam's opened so it worked out great.  I picked Otter up when the class assignment was over, then I ran her through Long John Silver's for lunch and took her back to school for her 2nd class.  She's now through with class for the week, so she's on vacation too.  Well, she does have the paper to write about the museum but that's not going to take her all week.

We had a trip to Petsmart this afternoon.  Maggie the Brave (not really!) needed a new collar.  Of course, Otter chose a girly one!  It's black with dark pink tiger stripes.  Maggie is a silly baby, she does not like to be without her collar.  No idea why, but she gets antsy without it.  She's now sporting her new jewelry, or at least a new collar and a new name tag.  Frasier could probably do without his collar, he doesn't seem to mind when it has to be taken off.

Both dogs managed to get themselves into trouble today, but honestly I think Maggie Moo had more to do with it.  When we got home, they left us a present:  trash strewn all over the kitchen floor!  I took the bag out of the can before I left, but then I forgot to put it out in the garage.  Bill was outside working on something, and they took full advantage of the fact that they didn't have any adult supervision.  It was a mess, but not as bad as it could have been.  Maggie greeted us with a lettuce core, but at least they didn't get into the coffee gounds that were also in the trash!  The last thing I wanted to deal with today would be a caffienated beagle.  Been there, done that and let's just say that it is not an experience I wish to relive.

Can we say Energizer Bunny multiplied exponentially?  :)

No comments: