Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Reruns




Not the tv kind of rerun, either!

The forecast has a definite "been there, done that" quality to it.




I like this forecast better.

(Especially the 20% cooler part!)

Otter didn't see the dove this morning.  She was watering the morning glories along th fence line (which don't like heat or dry conditions, by the way), but the bird was nowhere in sight.  Either she is hiding somewhere such as the remains of the iris plants, she's recovered and left or she's gone because of one of the evil neighborhood cats.  I looked out this afternoon but didn't see her.  I didn't actually go outside, I just looked through the dining room window but that's how I spotted her last night.

I did manage to climb over the pachinko machines in the garage last night.  I got another mason jar from the collection of them that we seem to have out there, brought it in, washed it, put the pump on it.  And discovered that it was too tall.  So, back out I go and go through the whole process again!  But the 2nd one was the right size, it's now filled up and back at the sink.

Hopefully, this one won't get smashed into the sink like the first one.  But honestly, I'm surprised it made it as long as it did and that I wasn't the one who dropped it!  Well, I had dropped it but it didn't break then.  Of course, I dropped it into a sink already filled with warm, soapy water and Otter was just getting started on doing the dishes when she lost her grip on it so it hit a dry, cast iron sink.

I looked at Foreman grills again today.  And decided that I still don't want another one - the newest ones seem to be a little sturdier than the ones I saw right after the 2nd one wore out, but they are still too flimsy.  We used ours a lot (we wore two of them out) so I want to make sure that it isn't going to fall apart the first time we use it.  It's on the list of things I want, unlike a dishwasher, I just prefer to get value for what things cost is all.

Also, Bill's pachinko stash expanded today.  He found another one on Craigslist, they guy wanted $100.00 for it, because you kow they are so rare (not).  He sent Bill some pictures and it had several missing or damaged places, so Bill offered him $35.00.  Then he went to look at it today, and they settled on $40.00 which is a pretty good price for this specific machine.  But in Bill's defense, he did sell a machine recently so I'm not complaining!

Besides, all I have to do when he comments on the amount of yarn I have is to ask him how many pachinko machines he has!

Works every time. :)

No comments: