Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm Not Really Sure Where I Am Today

Don't worry!  I'm not lost.  I know where I am physically.  It's just that my thoughts are kind of all over the place today.

The shootings in Colorado have been very much on my mind.  I haven't said anything about it because I'm just not really sure what to say.  For a lot of people in my area, it's kind of brought back some of the horror of April 19, 1995.  It's kind of hard to take in, the idea that people were just going to a movie and to have a good time - and that some madman caused their deaths and all the pain & grief related to his actions.

But I do not think the answer is gun control or repealing the 2nd amendment.  Probably a thought for another time, but I don't expect that anyone will really be surprised about my opinions on that subject, which are the same as the other two members of my family.

Otter and I had lunch together today.  We went to a place that we have eaten at occasionally, but intend to eat at more often.  ChickFilA.  While we do not think that people should be mistreated because of their lifestyle, that doesn't mean that we all have to agree or condone actions that we may disagree with.  ChickFilA is a private business and their management is well within their God-given rights to support Christian causes and also to disagree with the so-called mainstream.  We're going to keep supporting ChickFilA.  The management did not say that they want people to be mistreated nor did they say that everyone is not welcome.

Speaking of Otter, she finished her essay/research paper/final yesterday and just had to turn it in today.  She had a couple of things she had to take care of with the enrollment office at the college, and then I picked her up for lunch.  After we ate, we had time so we went to Hobby Lobby and bought the paint for the doll house project that we've been about to do for the last year.  She's still got a couple of things to decide about, but the general plan is to start on it after she gets back from her trip to TEXAS to see her grandparents.  After that, I dropped her off at the library for the afternoon.  Surprisingly, she didn't find much this time.

I finished the fringe on Otter's Autumn Red scarf and made the hat last night.  I still need to bury the tails on the hat, which I might get done tonight.  Pictures will get on the craft blog, eventually.  It's the same basic pattern as the other hats and scarves I've made, I just don't usually use this type of yarn and I don't think I've ever used that particular color.  It's really pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chic fila is good food, but as a vegetarian it is not a place I eat.
I agree that gun control is not the answer.
Glad that you are going to work on the doll house project. How much time will she have between trip and school starting?
Froggy