Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Assimilation




We're here!

Let the Assimilation begin.

RIF, after all.  (Yes, I mean RIF, Y'all!)

Otter went to an anime convention in Tulsa yesterday.  Among other things, she found her/my relatives the Borg.  Actually, they would be our many-generation-descendants.  Not sure how many, math is not my strong suit.  I leave that to my drones!  She didn't tell them that their Queen was already here, they would have followed her home and I already have enough drones to deal with at the moment! :)

We got rain Thursday evening.  Not sure how much, but it started late in the afternoon and continued for several hours.  We needed it badly.  There was also quite a bit of thunder and lightning, and a lot of wind.  Surprisingly, we didn't have any tree limbs down.  But a lot of other people did and at least one chimney was blown over in the general area.

I finished the crochet part of the Autmn red scarf for Otter yesterday.  The fringe still needs to be done, she was at the con when I got through so I had to wait to find out which way she wants me to fringe it.  I haven't started the hat for the same reason, she wasn't home and she'll need to be within easy reach so I can try the hat on her during construction.  I might have to make a few changes to the construction, since the pattern was written for larger gauge yarn.  It will still work, it just might take some tinkering.  For one thing, I'm going to need to use the larger hook that I originally used with this pattern.  I also expect it to need a few more rows since the yarn is smaller.  It's workable.



A couple of years ago, when Froggy came to see me, we went to one of the many small towns in the area and found this baby (the gorilla, not the alligator).  At the time, we didn't think about taking a picture of him.  Otter and I were in the same area several months back and intended to take the camera, but realized when we got there that it was still at home.  When we were on vacation earlier in July, we went back to the small town to shop.  And this time, we remembered the camera!  Toadles, this is for you.

No comments: