Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sunday Girl Bonding Time

Otter and I had some much-needed Girl Bonding Time today.

In other words, we went shopping!

I didn't really find anything, but Otter found two t-shirts, a game for the Wii and a few other things.  But, what she's most happy about is the X-acto knife kit she got at the hardware store.

What can I say, she's her parent's daughter!  And sharp objects make her happy.  :)  And she likes hardware stores.

We went to a fabric store, but didn't find a thing.  That almost never happens, and when they have a huge sale and coupons and we still don't find anything, it's a very unusual occurance.  They do have a small yarn section, but it was either stuff I already have or it was wool.  We were going to the dollar store, but we were tired and ready to come home after spending a few hours at the mall so the dollar store will have to wait.

Shopping is a good way to start our vacation.  We're going to do more of it this week, we're going to the antique/craft mall where Otter found a $20 pachinko machine one time.  Froggy, it's the place with the train cars that is beside the concrete place with the gorilla.  You might have found stuff there, I don't remember, but I know you will know where it is.  We're going to do that one day this week.

It's clouding up.  I'm wondering if we might get rain.  It would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's in the forecast or not.  The clouds might just be a tease.

I'm not sure what today's forecasted temperature is supposed to be.  We've been over 100 for the last week or so.  We are supposed to be back in the high-90's for a few days, which is closer to normal for this area.  It's getting dry, we need some rain but probably not as badly as other parts of the country do.

The last few mornings it's been cool enough to spend a little time out on the deck before work.  Yesterday was nice, it was breezy and cool for a while.  It got pretty warm during the day, but the morning was nice.  We sat out there and had coffee, while we listened to (and watched) the mockinbird that hangs around the trees in our yard. Last week, the bird was doing cat noises - it sounded exactly like a cat meowing from the very top of the tree.

Bill's been working on his latest project, wall-mounted cabinets for the pachinko machines.  He's been using assorted power tools.  So far, no blood has been spilled.  But I don't want to temp fate so I'm not going to say any more!  (Not that I really believe in fate - I don't, by the way).

Otter reports that the movie Brave is very good.  I won't let her tell me too much about it, I'd prefer to see it firsthand and will hopefully soon.  But she said it was very good.  Of course, a redheaded Scottish girl who kicks butt!  What's not to like about that?

No comments: