Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Splurge Day

It's been a full day.  We went to the small town with the antique/craft/junk store we like so much and had a good time.  Otter found a few things there, but that was all.  I did see a few things I liked, but decided against them.  Bill didn't find anything either.  But we enjoyed getting out.

Probably the most we bought was what I called our splurge.  We had lunch at Goldie's.  It was really good, we don't eat there too often because we never think about it for some reason.  Anyway, my splurge was the onion rings I had with my burger.  They were so good!  I seldom actually eat fried food and I will pay for it since my system can't tolerate it too well, but they were worth it.

Otter and I went to the other Hancock's Fabric store this afternoon.  She found a few things, mostly fat quarters in patterns she liked.  I found something there as well.  I've been thinking I needed a new tablecloth, I have a few but they are specific to seasons mostly.  Hancock has a pretty large selection of felt-ish backed plastic tablecloth material and they had one I liked.  Well, of course I liked it.  It's all TEXAS-related stuff!  So, I bought enough for a tablecloth and I'll get it made in the next few days.  Basically, all I have to do is cut the ends into a rounded shape which will be easy since I'm going to put one I already have on top of it and mark the pattern.  I might do a small hem on the ends/sides, but I'll figure that out when I actually cut it.  It's not anything that I worry about it running.  I have quite a few TEXAS related plates & so forth, but I don't think I have any placemats to go with it.  Well, not yet anyway!

I seem to find a great deal of TEXAS stuff in NE Oklahoma.  Strange, I guess?  But there are actually quite a few of us here so that might have something to do with it.

We still haven't gotten anything done on the doll house refurbish project.  I'm thinking that will be the rest of the week's project, it needs to be taken outside and given a good dusting but it's kind of warm and nobody wants to go outside for that.  Probably in the morning, before it gets too warm.  Then, the painting of the roof & outside will most likely be the first thing attempted.  The rest of it is inside the house, wall paper and so forth.  None of it is particularly hard, but it might be a little time-consuming since it will involve things like time for paint to dry and glue to adhere.

Also, since they are red-white-blue (and we just like them), we had another splurge.  We bought a box of bomb pop popsicles at Wallyworld this afternoon.

Big spenders, I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time. I want pictures of the new tablecloth and placemats.
froggy