Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday De-Stashing!

I'm making progress in my de-stashing efforts.  It's slow going, but I'm definitely on the right track.  I made 3 clothes hanger covers and that used up one small ball of yarn.  I made another one just now and still have some of that small yarn ball left, but I'm going to use it in the next one I make.  That one will probably be 2 colors, I don't think that there is enough left of the (lavender) color I was using.

Getting there.  It just takes a while.

Maybe, eventually, at some point, hopefully, I'll be able to move the yarn out of the 3 drawers of the plastic drawer unit by my desk so I can actually use it for office supplies.  Which is why we bought it.  But I had three drawers with nothing to put in them and yarn that didn't have a place to go, so I used them.  But Otter's going to get her desk cleaned out of all her office supplies, since her desk is now her craft desk and she needs to put her small supplies in the desk drawers.  The stuff from her desk will go to the drawer unit by my desk, so I'd better get busy and get more crochet done to use up more small yarn amounts.

Like I said, getting there but it takes a while.

We managed to stay up to watch the Olympics opening ceremony Friday night.  Bill and I went to bed right before it was over, we watched until Paul McCartney came on.  We saw part of his song, but didn't stay up for the very end.  Otter did, and she managed to not get sick.  We've been watching some of the events, here and there.

Happy Birthday Froggy!

It's really hot here.  110 is the forecast for today.  Seriously, 110 is the forecast.  Same for the next few days, record heat and possibly 111 or 112.  We went to church, then Otter and I had a quick run to wally for a couple of grocery items.  But that is it, we're staying inside as much as possible.  Bill did have a few things he had to do that required him working in the garage and he kind of overheated.  He's been taking it easy and drinking lots of water this afternoon.  The dogs are only going out when they have to, then they come back and go right back to sleep.  Frequently, they camp out on the tile floor in the entrance way or the kitchen.  Sometimes, they get in front of the a/c vents and snooze.

I'm getting laundry done today.  Otter might start packing for her trip, or she might wait until about Tuesday.  She's been baking, but the kitchen gets pretty warm so she hasn't done much.  She had a cupcake recipe she wanted to try.  They are baked, but they haven't been taste-tested yet.  The recipe will probably get on the cooking blog.  She hasn't frosted them yet, they need to be cool first.

Movie review:  The Three Stooges.  Let's just say that the Stooges worked when they originally were popular, but that they didn't stand the test of time.

Can't think of much else to say, too hot!

No comments: