Monday, January 21, 2008

Holiday Monday

At least for Bill! He's still kind of sick anyway, so it's a good thing that he didn't have to go to work today. He's much better, he's just still sniffly and has that awful cough. The cough is not so frequent, but it's pretty hard when it hits. I bought two cool-mist humidifiers yesterday, for the static problem and for the assorted snuffiness. One is plugged in by the bed, the other one is in the living room. They seem to be helping a little bit.

Otter originally had a school holiday today, but they used up more than their alloted ice days so she had to go to school today. But there was hardly any traffic for me to deal with, which was good. But it was a cold, wet day for the MLK parade in downtown Tulsa.

It's very cold today. The temperature probably got up to the low 40's today, but it's been alternating between mist & rain for a couple of hours with a wind, so it feels pretty cold. Could be really cold tonight, we have a chance of winter weather. Guess we'd better go bring more firewood in! Otter just about turned into a popsicle on the walk from the bus stop to the front door just now.

Froggy, I will put Woolaroc on our schedule for your visit. It's not right by Hominy, but it's close enough that we can do both in one day if we don't spend hours & hours in Hominy. But we have to have flea market & thrift store time in there, too!

Speaking of thrift stores, Otter and I went to one yesterday. I found a piece for my Fenton glass collection for 79 cents! Obviously, they didn't know what it was. But I did. It's now on one of the entertainment center shelves, along with a few other Fenton pieces. I really need to come up with a better way to display my glass, the china cabinet is full already so I'm out of options! Oh well, I'll come up with something. Eventually. When I get around to it. One of these days, anyway.

This coming Saturday is our anniversary! 23 years. (we don't count the break in the middle in case anyone is actually counting.) I don't think we're going out this year, I am probably going to broil some steaks and bake some potatoes. Possibly we might splurge on an ice cream pie from Braum's. We're real party animals, aren't we!? :)

1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy anniversary this Saturday! I'll be out of town and away from a computer so I won't be able to properly congratulate you then! 23years! That is wonderful!

Jan