Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Trying to Stay Healthy Tuesday

I'm trying very hard to avoid whatever Bill and Otter have had. I've sneezed a lot and have had some slight tickly throat, but that's all so far.

Otter went back to school today, but she had a nosebleed so the nurse had her call me to tell me. Which is what the nurse should have done a few weeks back but didn't! I think the nurse got the "fear of Mom", and she made sure that I was informed. By the time Otter got through the apparently long line at the nurse's office, she'd stopped bleeding and she felt like she could make the day. She managed to stay all day, and she's tired now but she feels much better than she has been. She's still congested and sniffly, but the asthma seems to be better. No karate today, obviously!


Bill went back to work, but I don't think he should have. He obviously felt cruddy this morning. Then he called me this afternoon and he sounded terrible.


It was nice today, in the 50's and clear. But it's supposed to be winter again tomorrow and the next few days. I brought in some firewood when I got home, but it's not really enough so I'll probably head out to the woodpiles in a bit. The dogs like to help me, although their version of helping is to run around and chase each other when I'm out there - although they always make sure that they are waiting by the door to be let in & out! At the moment, Mags is parked in the floor on her back with her belly scooted up to Otter's foot for a belly rub. And she's purring! (Maggie, not Otter). I think that dog is part cat. Maybe that's why Frasier is always chewing on her?


Interesting search engine: http://prolifeinternet.com/ It's a legitimate site, and is powered by Google. Basically, by using this search engine a donation is made to various pro-life groups. So we're using it more and more instead of the regular Google site.

No comments: