Sunday, January 20, 2008

OK, Let's Try This Again!

I posted a nice, long, chatty blog last night. Then I did something stupid like pressing the wrong key, and deleted it all. I couldn't recover it, and I finally just decided to try again this morning. Technology is nice, but it can be so frustrating!

I remember some of what I'd said. One thing was that the neighborhood newspaper updated it's site and the arrest report I read has been corrected. The person arrested back behind the house was not a neighbor, which is a good thing. We were concerned about a possibly vindictive person, if he put 2 & 2 together and the answer was us. We'll still be cautious, but then we normally are anyway.

We are all feeling better, but we decided to skip church this morning. Bill's still got a strong cough and he was afraid that he might be contagious. With a lot of older people in our church, he didn't think that it would be good for him to be around them. Otter's pretty much over her spell, I'm mostly dealing with asthma residual now but I think I'll be able to go to work tomorrow. And hopefully, Otter will be able to make karate this week. Because if she doesn't, she'll have to wait until the end of February for the next belt test and this one is a very important one as it's the last one before the big one. Then about 6 months from now, she'll earn her Black Belt.

It's been pretty cold the last few days, but no ice or anything. The air has been pretty dry, and we're all electrified. Frasier now flinches when he comes up to me to get his ears scratched. Doesn't stop him from wanting affection, he's just very careful! I'm going to go buy a humidifier today. Maggie doesn't seem to mind the occasional shock, but she's certifiably insane so that might have a lot to do with her being unconcerned!

The other problem with the dry air is that my already dry skin is even worse. I'm rapidly turning into an alligator!

I mentioned political comments the other day. We're still strongly in favor of Huckabee, but it doesn't sound like he's doing as well as we hoped. Which is not unusual or even unexpected - our minister made a comment about how his church is not huge because his messages are the Truth and not just what people want to hear. I think that Huckabee has a similar problem - the truth hurts at times, and lots of people don't like that. It's not going to be a feel-good, everybody loves each other and we should all get along message. I'm not sure about McCain, he has some attributes I like but sometimes I think he's really a liberal in conservative clothing (Sorry, Toadly!) Romney is probably our last choice of the three, but I would support him over Hitlary in a heartbeat, and I would also support McCain if he were to be the final candidate. We were interested in Paul at first, but upon researching him and where he stands we have decided that he ranks about with Hitlary as far as we're concerned. For one thing, Paul seems to think that we should abandon Israel. We are of the opposite opinion, Isreal has to be strong and we HAVE to support them. I'm not going to discuss the Democatic candidates, because I think that everyone already knows which side of the aisle we're on.

OK, now that I'm through with the political stuff - remember, this is my blog and my opinion. Feel free to disagree! Just keep any comments polite please - no profanity!

Well, Otter is up and Bill is about to start on his quilt so I'm going to post this now. He ran the vacuum in the living room so he can spread the fabric out on the floor, I hope he remembered to put the Deconstruction Crew (Frasier and Maggie) out first!

No comments: