Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Weatherman Finally Got It Right!

We got snow. They hardly ever manage to come close, I guess that the law of averages caught up with them. Or the dart hit the right spot on the target! It has been snowing since mid-morning. At times it's been pretty heavy. We probably have a couple of inches and it is sticking to the yards, some streets have sticking snow also. We decided against karate today, the roads were beginning to get slick and Tulsa drivers are dangerous on a good, clear, dry day so I decided not to chance it.

Otter and I had a snowball fight in the back yard when we got home. Probably not the best place to be picking snow up out of the yard, considering that we have two doggies... She bent over to pick up snow and was complaining that falling snow went down the back of her jeans, so as soon as I could I got behind her and put more in her pants! Of course, she paid me back in kind so we both had cold, wet rears for a while. But we had a good time. She started a snowman, but it turned into our snowball fight so we might go out in the front yard later and see about making a snowman. We did manage to get the birdfeeders refilled while we were out there, but we are now out of bird food! We stopped at the grocery store on the way home yesterday and bought groceries, but I didn't realize that we were so low or I'd have bought another 25 pound bag. Tomorrow probably. If they actually have any left, that is.

We went shopping yesterday after work/school and she found everything she needed to complete her spring formal outfit. She chose a purple (what other color is there, really?) scarf drape, a silver crystal earring and necklace set, black high heeled sandles and she also found some purple eye shadow. She already has plenty of eye shadow and several purple, but apparently there was a shade she didn't already have! She is still thinking about how she wants to do her hair. Her friend Lizzy wants to "experiment" with her new curling iron - on Otter's hair. We said no to that one! I'll get pictures soon of the entire outfit. She made some great choices and it all looks really good.

The dogs were running around with us out in the back yard, but I noticed that as soon as we came in both hounds followed and they both immediately took naps. Lazy babies! I guess all that excavation they did today must have exhausted them. Frasier is parked in the floor by my desk, he's a big obstacle to walk around. Maggie is back in her usual spot - curled up in the middle of Otter's bed and probably on the blanket I washed this morning! There is one fleecy blanket of Otter's that Maggie just loves, I have to wash it frequently to get all the dog hair off of it and lately the Magginator has taken to licking it for some strange reason. But then she's a strange dog!

I read an article on the internet just now. Apparently, some scientist has made a discovery that all people who have blue eyes share a common ancestor. Well, duh! We all share a common ancestor (two, really), no matter what color our eyes are!

Oh, before I forget: The official count is now Otter 5, glassware 0.

No comments: