Friday, January 18, 2008

Kind of a Hard Day, Friday

I've been fighting off the cold bug that Bill and Otter had, I gave in yesterday and stayed home but I still felt like crud this morning so I called in again. Bill was home yesterday, he went in this morning but he came home about 10:30. I don't have all that many cold symptoms, but it is aggravating my asthma. The sore throat comes & goes, but my lungs hurt and they don't want to work the way they are supposed to. When that happens, my inhaler gets a regular workout. Bill even used it yesterday, and also Otter's inhaler at one point.

Virginia's daughter would have been 27 today. Instead of a birthday party, her services are being held this afternoon. Sara did not want an actual funeral, so her parents are having a visitation this afternoon with a Rosary this evening. When Sara was in high school, she had a difficult time and at one point they weren't sure if she would actually graduate. But she pulled it together and managed to graduate, it was one of her proudest accomplishments and in recognition of how much that meant to her, the picture Virginia & David chose for the printed obituary was her graduation picture. I spoke with Virginia this morning, she's holding up as well as she can under the circumstances. But it's going to be very hard for them. Sara's husband, Jesse, had a pretty hard life when he was growing up and does not have a close relationship with his father. Virginia said that Jesse told them last week that he would really like to continue to stay with them for a while, that they are really more like his parents than his real parents ever were. I hope that having him there will make it easier on everyone. Froggy, thank you so much for going to the visitation in my place.

We had an exciting evening last night. The area behind our house used to be a cow pasture. It was sold a couple of years ago, to be developed for a subdivision. There are paved streets now, one house has already started construction. We've seen cars park back there for a few minutes at a time and we figured that it was probably parking teenagers. Last night, we saw a truck back there, it turned around to where we could see the front of the truck, then the lights cut off and the truck stayed there. After a little while, another vehicle came back there and parked by the truck. The second vehicle left after a little while. But the truck was still there. At that point, Bill called the cops. He explained that it was an isolated area, and that in his opinion if someone was parked back there like that then they were probably up to no good and since they had been there so long Bill was afraid that maybe the neighborhood was being cased. The officer agreed with him, and about 10 minutes later a cop car showed up. We figured that the police officer would be enough to convince the person that maybe he should not be parking back there. However, when three more cops showed up and they all had lights going we decided that maybe it was more than just a parking teenager! After a while, all the cops left except one. He stayed there until a tow truck showed up to move the truck. In the local newspaper's website there is a column on arrest reports. I just checked it. It seems that one of our neighbors on another street in our subdivision was arrested last night for possession of pot and drug paraphenalia at the same general time as all that was going on. I see a definite connection!

I had some political thoughts the other day, but I've decided to hold off on posting them here. I need to think about them a little more, but rest assured! They will be posted!

Froggy, I'm still thinking about what we're going to do when you come visit me this year. I have a couple of ideas. Check this out and tell me what you think. http://woolaroc.org/ It's not much farther than Hominy, we could possibly make a Hominy trip with a detour! So, what do you think? We haven't been there in a few years, and Otter's asking about it.

I'm really on time lately. I found two rolls of 35 mm film that had never been developed, along with two disposable cameras that Otter took to camp and Texas last June. I thought that the film was probably from the same time period. I got the two rolls developed, I forgot to take the cameras but will drop them off in the next day or so. The film was from last June, alright. And also from Christmas 2006! It's easy to figure the date out, because that's when we went to the Alamo and it's in some of the pictures. So, Froggy & Toadles, you might get a few pictures mailed to you from Dec. 2006 at the Alamo and vicinity. Some of the pictures are from Froggy's visit last June, when we went to the zoo. I'm not sure what else, I just skimmed through the pictures. I did see a few from July, when Bill's brother, sister & families were here and they were flying kites out in our back yard. Nothing like being current, is there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the web site for woolaroc. It sounds like my kind of place. We must go there. Yes we should go to hominy and this time find all the graves.