Saturday, January 12, 2008

Typical Quiet Saturday

As usual, we stayed home and didn't do much of anything. Well, we played with the dogs, cooked a few things and watched a movie. It was my turn to pick, so we watched Galaxy Quest which is really funny, and one of the best Star Trek parodies out there. It's Otter's turn to choose the movie next Saturday so there is no telling what we'll watch!

The cooking included pizza, as usual we made 4 (they aren't very big) and we have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. Bill also made a cake, we haven't gotten into it yet but I'm sure we will. Soon! And the pizza is not nearly as un-healthy as what you get from Pizza Hut or Domino's. We use non-fat cheese and lots of vegetables. The pizza dough is made in the bread machine, I use my very low fat butter and non-fat dry milk in the mixer, the pizza sauce doesn't have a lot of fat and the only realy fat is the pepperoni. So I just restrict my fat intake even more on days when we decide to make pizza, so that the pepperoni isn't too much of a problem for me.

I did manage to get all 5 birdfeeders refilled, it takes about 13 pounds of seed to fill them all. The dogs helped, they cleaned up any spilled seed. And Frasier almost caught a squirrel. I saw him outside, he was spinning around in circles while looking up in one of the trees. I could see a pretty big squirrel up on the limb above him, and the squirrel seemed to be chattering at him. The poor squirrel just wanted to get down, every time it tried to climb down the dog was right there. Eventually, Frasier went to the other side of the tree and the squirrel flew down and took off for the other side of the yard with Frasier right on his heels. Frasier can really move when he is so inclined, and he was practically flying today. The squirrel just barely managed to get up the fence on the other side of the yard and into the neighbor's tree. I was yelling at the squirrel to go faster the entire time, by the way. Frasier stayed out there for a long time, then he went back to the tree he'd originially seen the rodent in and sat there looking up for quite a while. Maginator was inside sleeping through most of this. Which was where she was most of the day!

The skating plans have changed. Otter is trying to come down with a "cold" and we've put off the skating until next Sunday. She's misplaced her peak flow monitor (measures lung strength) so she's been using mine today. Her asthma is still not quite reacting, but it's definitely thinking about it. So she decided that maybe she shouldn't go skating tomorrow. We'll see about church in the morning, but church is a lot calmer than skating would be!

So since we will be home tomorrow afternoon, we are going to do some cleaning out and organizing! Tomorrow's target is Otter's bathroom drawers and cabinet. I had already been thinking that we needed to tackle that area, but then her peak flow meter wasn't were she usually keeps it (in the bathroom in one of the drawers) and she suggested that we might need to clean out the drawers. Of course, I agreed with her immediately! That won't take too long to get finished up with. Then I might see about my craft shelves and workbench. I did some cleaning out and organizing in the summer, but I've noticed that my workbench is suddenly covered up again. Mostly with Bill's junk, and I will remedy that situation asap! But there is probably stuff I can rearrange or get rid of on my shelves.

Otter's ipod came on Thursday, she's been happily uploading her cd's to it and looking on itunes for any songs to download.

I have not heard from Virginia since Wednesday, I might try to call her tomorrow. I didn't want to call her today since they had the church wedding and baptism, I didn't want to disturb her. But possibly tomorrow. She is supposed to be back at work on Monday, so hopefully she'll email me then.

I guess that's it for now! Think I'll go have some of that cake. (We won't discuss the healthy vs. non-healthy aspects of the cake, but it does not have any eggs or butter in it!)

No comments: