Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold!

It's too cold for this Texan! It's supposed to get to 10 degrees tonight. It might even get as high as 12 degrees, according to the meterologist I heard on the news tonight. Don't know where he got his education, but the last time I checked 12 degrees was not warm! It was supposed to be in the low 50's today, but I don't think it got there. The cold front started coming through about 3 hours early, but that is about normal. We are not really supposed to get anything wet, white or frozen. Just very cold. Let me back up a bit, there is a very slight chance of possibly getting a dusting of snow tonight. But since it was the local forecaster, we will either have a real heat wave or 3 feet of snow! Either way, I'm getting the blankets out tonight! Think it's time to get that quilt that Bill made last year, the camo one that is super warm. And then if he's lucky, I'll let him have some of it. (Bill steals the covers, so I always have to have my own extra blanket in self-defense).


I've been thinking about angels. My friend Jan had a wonderful post on her blog about her father's encounter with an angel when he was in the hospital (twice, same angel) and it got me to thinking about them. Froggy, I know you've had a situation where you thought you were surrounded - when Mom was in the ICU the time I came to visit and she got sick. Anybody got any stories? I very much believe in angels and I think that we all have a guardian angel who looks over us. (Incidentally, the blanket I've been using lately is what Sweetie gave me for Christmas - it has two angels on it and it's very warm).

Jan asked about Frasier finding Maggie's chip. I don't think he ever did, and she ate it happily. His chip went outside, where it might still be if he didn't eat it. I took both hounds with me when I went to get Otter from play tryouts. I think one of them wanted a name change - to RALPH. Other than that, they enjoyed getting a ride in the car although Maggie was really antsy when the car stopped and her Otter was slow getting to it. They know the word "ride" in connection with their names means that they are going somewhere. Usually, it's to the vet. But they still like to go for a ride.

I have not felt the best today. I didn't sleep well last night, mostly because my allergies were acting up I think. I've been having cold-type symptoms trying to come on all day and my asthma is reminding me that it's still there. But I'm going to try to fight it off, whatever it is. We had chili for dinner tonight, and even though I know it was very hot because I made it and know how much chili powder I put in it, I still could hardly taste the heat. Which sometimes happens, my taste buds not working right when I have cold/allergy symptoms.

Froggy - you asked me why I was blaming you for Otter getting after me to blog daily. You have told me more than once that you like to read my blogs daily and that I need to post that often! So there. :)

My same prayer requests are still being requested. I was wrong about the date of Sarah's death, I thought it was the 15th but it's the 16th. Either way, prayers for her family (as well as the others I mentioned) will still be welcomed.
I hear the chocolate I put in the freezer earlier. It's calling my name. And it's getting louder. So I'm going to go answer it.

No comments: