Saturday, January 03, 2009

It's Curtains!

I got my kitchen curtains made today. They turned out pretty well. They were very easy to make and I think they look great.

This is a close-up of the pattern.

The pattern from a little further away. There is a line down the fabric in one spot, but it's older fabric and I think it's in very good shape. I think it looks good with the existing wallpaper in the kitchen, also.

The kitchen window with the curtains. You can see some of my sun catchers and the Venus Flytraps, as well as assorted stuff I have in my window such as my pie bird and some small things Otter gave me/made for me when she was younger. Also visible to the sides are two of my vintage decorations - tongs on the wallpaper side and if you look hard enough, I have a vintage potato masher on the cabinet side. The tong is probably in it's final place, but the potato masher might move. I have a few things that I've put up as part of my vintage decorations, but not very many yet. They are just stuck up wherever there was a nail already, but I'm not anywhere near finished so no other pictures of the kitchen walls yet. I have some stuff to do tomorrow, but if I have time I am going to a thrift store I haven't been to in a while and maybe back to the flea market.
It was 75 degrees today. In January. In NE Oklahoma. I could understand if it was south TEXAS. But NE OK? I know what happened. We had firewood delivered yesterday. We were out of wood, and the forecast was for winter weather early next week. We got wood delivered and now the forecast is much better. I guess we shouldn't be surprised! Anyway, we got a cord of wood (2 ricks) so we should be set for quite a while. We usually just get one rick, but the guy made us a very good deal even including his delivery charge so we bought 2 ricks.

Otter had been thinking of buying one of two things: She wanted a Wii (game) or a video camera. She's talked about them both for a long time. She's been working for her grandpa and saving her allowance. With her Christmas cash & gift cards added to what she already had, she had enough and we went on a pricing trip. She decided on the video camera, which we think was the better choice. After Incredible Pizza on Thursday, Bill went to Wallyworld with her and they picked out the best one she could afford. She got it Friday and she's been playing with it ever since. We attempted to upload a Maggie video, but it didn't work. We are going to read Blogger's instructions and see what we have to do to add a video. So check back, eventually we'll figure it out and have a Maggie Cam.

I experimented today. I made chocolate bread. Actually, carob bread since we don't use chocolate chips due to Otter's allergy. It baked ok, but I'm not impressed. It is the right color, but the flavor is so weak that it almost tastes like plain white bread. My bread maker has different recipes, the carrot bread is good and Bill likes the banana bread - although I don't. The pizza dough is good, white bread, honey whole wheat, raisin bread are all good. We'll eat the carob bread, but I don't think I'll make it again. I don't think it was because we used carob instead of chocolate.

Froggy, in case you are interested - we are going to BRAUM'S for breakfast tomorrow. Then we probably won't go for a very long time, it's the last day before we go back to work so it's back to the "real world" for us after tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy Braums. You owe me big time for all your trips to Braums.
Froggy