Monday, January 12, 2009

My Turn Monday

Maggie can wait until next Monday to blog! She's probably more interested in a nap anyway, the last time I saw her she was curled up in the middle of Otter's bed having a snooze. Which is pretty much her normal position anyway! :) The reason Otter was yelling at her yesterday evening is because the dog was trying to drag stuff out from under Otter's bed. She'd already eaten her rawhide chip, so there is no telling what she was after. Otter doesn't have a lot of stuff under her bed, but it's big things like her typewriter and not really anything the silly dog would have any interest in. Unless we have another mouse, which is always a possibility. I don't think so, I have not seen any signs of one but you never know.

I checked with the school office today, the Spring Formal is in February. Which seems way early to me, but apparently they normally have it around Valentine's Day and last year's end of March was just later than normal. So we are going to go dress shopping pretty quick. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday after work/school, or we might wait until Sunday afternoon because we would have more time and not have to be rushed. We are hoping that we will be able to find a dress at a "regular" store, since the consignment didn't have much to choose from in Otter's size. It's still early for prom season, but I'm thinking we will be able to find something.

It was a typical Monday at work. I got very little done, because both of my bosses were in early and they kept having emergencies for me to deal with. None were really emergencies, but they were like a couple of kids that needed Mom to come straighten things out! I was very glad to see 2:30 roll around today so I could leave. Bill and I were able to meet for lunch today, we had Schlotzky's, so it wasn't all wild and crazy today.

Among other things we discussed at lunch, we are planning a Texas trip this summer. We are thinking the last week in June which leads up to July 4, but it's not written in stone yet - Bill still has to get the vacation days approved at work. My vacation is already approved, but I can also be a lot more flexible than he can. However, that is the plan for now.

I have several prayer requests. 1) My friend Virginia - the 1st anniversary of her daughter Sara's death is this Thursday, January 15. They are having a very hard time dealing with the loss of their daughter, they have legal custody of their grandchildren now but their son-in-law has still basically abandoned the kids, and now the first anniversary is coming up. 2) My friend Jan also needs prayers as her father is very ill and is hospitalized. 3) Froggy has a prayer concern which I might address later but I forgot to ask her about putting it on here, so for right now it's a general concern but a very important one.
I think that's all for today!

No comments: