Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I've Caught a Bug

It's a bad bug. It's called the Redecorating Bug. And I don't think it's going to be content to just stay in the kitchen. I think it wants to go see what it can do in my bedroom. It's been here since the summer. I know I just redid the bathroom, and it matches the palm trees in the bedroom. I like palm trees. But it's been at least 6 years and I don't know how long I can fight it off! Help! It's got me!

I've just refilled all my bird feeders and put up another one, outside the kitchen window. It's really cold outside and my fingers are frozen. It's very difficult to type with frozen fingers! But the dogs are happy, they are hoovering up any seed that is on the ground. Which is a lot, since I deliberately tossed quite a bit of it to the ground since we have so many birds that prefer to eat off of the ground. I discovered something when I picked up my new bag of birdseed. It had a hole in it. A hole that was just about mouse tall! And there was quite a bit of seed that was strewn around the bag where it was sitting - before I picked it up. We did have a mouse in the house after all last week. Notice I said did as in past tense, it had a meeting with a trap. Which was baited with peanut butter and bird seed. Maybe the hole in the birdseed bag was payback?

Well, Otter is complaining that she's hungry. So I guess I'd better go feed her. I'm making creamed chicken which will be served over rice. Hmmm, I think I'm getting hungry, too! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just go along with the bug. I did and you know how much we have redecorated. The last thing was we bought a new couch and a new stove. New doors are next and then who knows what.
We had baked zitti
Froggy