Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Shopping Sucess!

We have a prom dress! Otter and I went to J. C. Penney's this afternoon in search of a dress for the prom, excuse me Spring Formal! They had several, she found 4 to try on and she picked one of them. The first one she tried on was a long formal, with rhinestone straps and a train-style skirt. It was a very pretty dress. But it was backless, which she thought might be just a little bit past the dress code. The school relaxes the dress code slightly for the prom, but only slightly. It was a good color for her, sapphire blue, and it looked good on her although the train could have been a problem. She tried on two short formals next, one was sapphire blue with a black "cummerbund" middle and was pretty, but it was a balloon-style skirt and didn't look like it was constructed quite like it should have been but it could also have been tried on roughly before and maybe a stitch or two pulled out. It was strapless with a corset-style back. The next one she tried on was also a strapless, short formal and was black with a white area on the skirt, the skirt was full with a layered effect which is where the white area was. It was nice and looked really good on her. She had one more to try on, it was a long formal with spaghetti straps. It was green, more of a grass green than emerald green. It had a spangled sequin-ish area at the high waist and hung in small pleats to the floor. She seriously considered this one as well. Well, I guess you could say she seriously considered all for of them! There were several other styles & colors, but these are the four she liked the best.

So, which one did she pick? (Froggy, I've already told you, if you'll check your text messages today). J. C. Penney's had all their formal dresses on sale, so the $90.00 dress wound up costing us $69.00 plus tax. It was a good buy. And Bill likes it, which is always a good thing.

She's decided to wear her shoes from last year, since the school won't allow most shoes and they have to be barefoot. We went to another store and she found a necklace and earring set. She's not sure yet about her hair, but she has a little time to figure that one out.

Maggie was acting really strangely yesterday. Otter put a few rawhide chips in the dog's toy basket and Maggie pulled one out. Frasier was not interested in it at that point in time, I was sitting with him on the other side of the room scratching his ears and spoiling him. Maggie suddenly ran and jumped up at him and I think she tried to bite him. I pulled her away and told her NO as loud as I could, then the little brat did it again but she snapped at him a couple of times this time. At which point Otter grabbed her by the collar and put her out in their small yard. Frasier never reacted, he never even growled at her (although she did at him), and he never even bared his teeth at her. Otter gave Maggie her rawhide and then we let Frasier go out into the back yard with a rawhide. Then we gathered up the rawhide chips from their basket and I put them away. Later, I went out and opened up the gate to their small yard. They acted like best buddies and chased each other around the yard. Maggie has never shown any signs of aggression before this, and Frasier was definitely not trying to take her treat outside - he was on the opposite side of the room and had zero interest in the rawhide. She seems to be in a good mood today, but we are going to watch her the next time they get rawhide. In fact, they will probably not even be allowed to be in the same room with each other when they get them the next time.

Otter rented the movie Sleepy Hollow yesterday. I didn't realize that she'd never seen it before. She enjoyed it. But then it had Johnny Depp, so she pretty much was guaranteed to like it. It's a good movie, I saw it years ago and enjoyed it.

I made soup in the crock pot. I started it last night, then let it cook all night and part of this morning. We had it for lunch and dinner today and will have it for the next couple of days. It's good and I enjoy making it. I don't make it too often, though. I also think my crock pot might be going out. It didn't seem to be as warm when I checked the soup after the first hour on high. I've had the crock pot since right after we moved to Tulsa, the one I had before that wore out because I used it so much. I have certainly gotten a lot of use out of this one, I just haven't used it much lately. But it is something that I will replace, and I'll get another large one like the one I have now.

So, any guesses on the dress yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know which dress she picked!!! When do we get to see a picture?
My dogs got into it about 2 weeks ago over a bone. Cookie started it and I did something stupid-got in the middle. My hand is still sore.
We do not give them bones together anymore.
When you replace the crock pot be sure you get one where the pot comes
out and can be washed separately. It makes clean up easy. Froggy