Friday, January 16, 2009

Some Thoughts on a Cold Friday

It's still pretty cold, but not nearly as raw and bitter as yesterday was. It might get up to about freezing, but probably not over. But the sun is shining and the wind is very light. It was 16 degrees at 6:00 this morning.

However, I'm still having to deal with my asthma as a result of yesterday so I decided to stay home today. I did have to take Otter to school, we didn't want her to stand outside in it waiting for the bus this morning but that was a short trip. I also went to the post office later to mail something, but again that was a quick trip and I didn't have to be out much.

As far as wearing jeans goes, I decided to only wear dresses and skirts to work and church and I am going to try to stick with that. I have occasionally worn my jeans to work, such as the day I wanted to clean up the atrium in the office. But I might not wear them the next time. I have several heavy weight skirts that are actually pretty warm, the problem yesterday was that I had to be out in the weather a lot which is not normally what happens. Then I had several errands after work, which only compounded the problem. I'm very glad I have a good heater in the car, I just had to get in and out of it a lot of times.

Among other things, my boss had someone move out from one of his rent houses and they left a bunch of stuff behind. Like lots of clothing, quite a bit of their kitchen stuff and some furniture. This is not the same one I got the vacuum from, this is another one. He gave them until a certain date to get their stuff out before he had it hauled off, but they said that they didn't want anything else and he could do what he wanted with it. So I went over there with him yesterday. And left with a trunk full of canned food, 3 bottles of champagne, some assorted kitchen ware and a very good size wooden jewelry amoire - which still contained a lot of jewelry. Most of it is costume, but good quality costume. There are several rings that are the real thing and a few watches I might put on eBay. Otter has already scored one necklace and she'll go through it tonight. I'm sure she'll find several other things she wants. The amoire is pretty big, I'm not sure exactly where I'll put it. But I'll find a place! I found a place for all the canned food, that wasn't a problem. I just had to rearrange my pantry a little bit.

I left the dogs inside both times when I was gone this morning. Tempting fate, I know, but they did fine. Maggie probably slept the entire time, curled up on Otter's bed where she was when we left to take Otter to school. Frasier was parked on his blanket when we left, when I came back he was still there but he looked worried and then extremely glad to see me. Not like he was guilty, just like he was glad I was home. I think maybe he just didn't know where I was and he is very much a mamma's boy. When I got back the second time, they both greeted me at the door and then they went back to their naps.

Yes, Froggy. We will look for shoes on Sunday. That's kind of a requirement for us, we look for shoes in just about every store we happen to be in. And Sunday will be no different, don't worry. :) But the dress is our main focus, along with jewelry if we do find her a dress. However, since we are starting out at Penney's at the mall, I'm sure I can talk her into going to the shoe store as well. Shouldn't be too hard at all. Imagine that, a teenage girl who loves shoe shopping! What is the world coming to? :)

No comments: