Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Early Morning Cold Wednesday

It's 13 degrees right now. As opposed to 16 degrees 30 minutes ago, so I think that just maybe we are in for another cold day! There was snow last night, on top of all the ice. The ice is still there, it just is under snow. Which can be better for driving, but we aren't going anywhere.

The paper wasn't delivered yesterday, which was a good thing since the roads were so bad. They still aren't good, but I can see the paper has been delivered today. It's at the end of the driveway. I'm leaving it there for a while, I figured that it's happy out there so I'm not going to disturb it. Also known as I am in no hurry to get dressed and go out there! It's cold!

Otter and I decided to sleep in the living room last night, since it was nice & warm from having a fire all day. Frasier slept on his blanket at the end of the couch. I was on the couch and Otter was on the loveseat. Maggie was on my feet. I woke up with a heavy, furry object on my feet about 1:00 this morning. I gently put her on the floor and rearranged my blankets, she sat there the entire time and waited patiently. Then when I got my feet covered back up again, she hopped right back up there and settled into the blankets so I let her stay. She is pretty good about not getting up on the furniture now, although it took her a while to learn that lesson. But when Otter sleeps on the couch or loveseat, Maggie usually gets up there with her and we let her stay. She seems to mostly know that she is not allowed up on the furniture unless somebody is sleeping there. She might be curled up with Otter at the moment, we're letting Otter sleep in a little bit so we are in the back part of the house. The last time I saw Frasier, he was curled up on his blanket and I think he's still there. He did at least wag at me, but he was having a lazy moment and I don't blame him a bit.

I'm feeling really housebound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staying home when you want to is fun. Staying home when you can't get out does get old. I have been there and done that for months.
I guess since Maggie learned to stay off the furniture, maybe Lucky will learn. Hope so at least. I just want her to learn not to chew everything. We found out that she is just a year old, so she was only about 6 months when we got her. That explains a lot.
Cookie sleeps on my feet and will get off if I move to much, she waits until I get settled and then she comes back. Enjoy the cold.
Froggy