Thursday, January 08, 2009

Otter's Playing the Game

She didn't want to and we didn't want her to, but it's time for the next round of the Asthma Game. She woke up with lung tightness and a sore throat, so I sent her back to bed. Maggie went back to bed, too, after eating. Lazy dog! Otter will probably sleep for a while and I'm going to let her. I checked on her a few minutes ago, Maggie is snuggled up as close to her Otter as she can get!

Since I'm home today, I'm cleaning. I clean frequently anyway, but when I'm home like this I try to get the big things done. I have cleaned the stove and the dishwasher should be through, I'm going to vacuum the living room again - we had peanuts last night and there are shell pieces that refuse to get into the trash can! I'm also going to do laundry and see what I can do with the kitchen floor. It's not bad, mostly it needs to be swept because the dogs refuse to wipe their feet before they come inside. :)

I told Bill that the Redecorating Bug wanted to see what it could do in our bedroom. He told me to go take a cold shower! I am trying very hard to fight off the urge, I really am. I don't know how sucessful I'll be, I thought I had the urge pretty well chased off but now it's back. It's stubborn, that's for sure.

Bill took the El Camino to work today. He's going to a small town about 45 minutes away to look at a camper-type shell. There aren't too many shells available, we could have one custom-made but that would be very pricey. This one was on Craigslist, and it looks pretty good for a used one. Bill's thinking that a shell would protect the bed of the truck part, and I have to say I agree with him. The red El Camino bed was rusting out pretty bad in places before he sold it, so we think it's a good idea to keep this one covered. The problem with classic cars is that there are not a lot of places to get parts when things break. Tires & batteries, those kind of things are easy. But the working parts can be very hard to find. Hence the parts car, the Redneck car in the back yard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sear you are going more and more redneck. Send pictures when you finally break down and use the parts car for a planter. Froggy