Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oklahoma Weather and a Few Other Things

First: Tomorrow is the last day of winter. The forecasted temperature? 71 degrees.

Saturday is the first day of spring. The forecasted temperature? Low 30's. And possibly with snow.

I have an expression I use. Frequently, in fact. When one or the other of my bad knees decide I should be going a different direction than I want to, then I refer to it as my knee mutiny. Sometimes it's not so bad, I might turn slightly away from the direction I'm actually trying to walk. It doesn't happen all the time, it's just that when it does I notice it. Sometimes, I really notice it. Like tonight.

Tonight, my left knee added a new element to the game. I was stepping over the dog block in the garage - the block is a low piece of wood to keep them from wandering around in the rest of the garage. Frasier can get over it, but Maggie can't quite. We've gotten on him a couple of times and he doesn't go over it too often. I was attempting to step over it and my left knee decided that no, it didn't really want to bend enough to allow me to raise my foot enough to clear the block. My foot caught on the top of it, I managed to get my foot over it and was able to catch the side of my shelf frame with my right hand so that I landed on parts of me other than my head. I wound up with one leg on one side of the block, and the other leg more or less on top of the block. Both knees were twisted when I fell. I am pretty scraped up on my left ankle in the front, my left knee and I have a small scraped spot on my left arm about mid-way between my wrist and elbow. Both arms are a little sore, but not too bad. However, the same can not be said about my knees. Nothing is broken, I don't think I've even sprained. But it's going to put a definite kink in my crochet plans for a couple of days. Not Happy!

I washed everything and hit it with peroxide. Which didn't sting, but it was awfully cold! And then Maggie kept following me around, sniffing. I don't think she likes the smell of peroxide. She should be used to it, as many times as we have to douse Bill with it!

I'm thinking that mutiny doesn't even begin to describe what my knees did to me this evening. I need to come up with another phrase. Any suggestions?

(Besides knee surgery, that is.)

It's finally Yard Sale Season! There was one in the neighborhood. I didn't find anything, but Otter found a necklace. I was just glad to see one, it's been a while!

The next door neighbor came over a while ago. She wanted to tell us that she's having her fence replaced. She's just getting bids now, but it will be sometime in the very near future. She said that she'll have them start with our side. She will let us know when it will be, so we can keep the pooches from wandering the neighborhood. I figure that we'll probably leave them in the garage but blocked where they can't get out. Then I'll come home at lunch and take them for a short walk to take care of nature's calls. It should take a few days, and then there will be less worry of her dogs breaking through again.

Bill just came in, he was in his favorite pajamas. He was griping because his pockets weren't cooperating with him. He couldn't get the pockets to go back inside, they were sticking out. Then he realized that he was the problem, not the pockets - he had his pj bottoms on inside out!
The Hollywood Video in our area is closing. We've made several trips there to buy movies, we hit it again tonight for what will probably be the last time. They were playing a very annoying dvd on the in-store tv: PeeWee's Playhouse. It was annoying when it was on originally, way back when. It's even more annoying now! I have the theme song stuck in my head. Really getting tired of hearing it.
Last day of Otter's spring break tomorrow. She's going to work with me, for what may well be the last time. She'll be 18 in a couple of weeks.
Sigh.

No comments: