Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Chicken Noodle Soup

Easy title today. Guess what we had for lunch! And it was even homemade. Which it usually is. And we also had wheat rolls with it. And snickerdoodles for dessert!

Otter's possibly trying to come down with a cold. Maybe allergy, but I can't tell yet and neither can she. But her lungs are not involved - yet - and we hope that they won't be. So, chicken noodle soup today. She ate two bowls of it, she was a hungry girl. Bill's not a soup fan, but he does like this one. Which is a good thing, because there are two containers of it in the freezer now, which will be in his lunch very soon. He also likes my beef/vegetable soup, although he insists is stew and not soup. (He's wrong about that, but he likes it and is usually first in line for it when I make it).

I went to an estate sale this afternoon. It was advertised on Craigslist and the listing said that they had Fenton glass. Which is usually a good clue that it's overpriced. And it was. But I still enjoyed getting out for a while, I found 2 necklaces and a bracelet for Otter so it wasn't a total bust. But they were very proud of the Fenton. Too proud for me!

I remembered to take my shawl with me to church this morning. And I'm glad, because I needed it though most of the service. It worked perfectly, I was afraid it might be a little long but it was just the right size. It's very warm, and it's going to get regular use.

I'm not positive, but I think that I ran into myself from about 30 years in the future in Wallyworld just now. Buying yarn, of course. That was my first clue. Second clue: she crochets. She does lots of crochet, judging from the conversation. And she prefers variegated colors, 3rd clue. 4th clue: her favorite variegated color is also mine. 5th clue: she has run out of people to make things for and is now making lap blankets to donate to nursing homes - which I have been considering for a while. 6th clue: She has a huge stash of yarn and some of it is pretty old, which is what she was trying to match today. 7th clue: her poor husband, standing there while she filled the basket up with yarn - I've seen the same long-suffering expression on Bill's face many times! And it always involves me and the yarn department. :)

The dogsters are doing much better about not being in the kitchen when we're cooking. It took Maggie a few times of being sent back to the living room, but she seems to be getting the idea. Frasier being Frasier, it only took telling him once or twice and he caught on. Maggie, well let's just say she's not the sharpest tool in the shed and leave it at that. She's been spending a lot of time at Otter's feet today, that dog is very devoted to her person. Which is a good thing!
I've finally found plants for the whiskey barrel. I wanted mums but this is not the time of year for them, they are more fall plants. So I looked around the plants section when we were at Lowe's earlier today and found Gerbera Daisy plants, which Otter loves. I bought 4, they may get a little big for the whiskey barrel but that's where they are going. They are annuals, so I'll probably still wind up putting mums in there in the fall. But for now, they will be fine. I got yellow, red and peachy blooms. And some type of smaller reddish flower for the strawberry pot, I forget the name of it. They probably won't get planted until at least tomorrow.
Time to get back to my laundry (ugh!) and also I need to wake Otter up, she wanted to take a nap but didn't want to sleep too long. She's been asleep about an hour, if I don't wake her up soon she probably won't sleep tonight. So, I'm going to go wake her up. But I'm nicer than Bill is - when he wakes her up, it usually involves threats of ice water!

No comments: