Tuesday, March 09, 2010

One More Thing to Think About...

is not asking what happened to Spring! It was spring on Sunday, then yesterday I wanted to know where Spring went because it was cool and rainy. I should have known better. Better than to complain that it wasn't Spring anymore. Because suddenly it was. In another part of the state, nowhere near us, but Spring suddenly hit. With a twisty vengance. No loss of life at least, but several houses were destroyed or damaged. It's a little early for tornados, but March is technically considered the beginning of Tornado Season. I think it was an F2. There might have been more than one, I'm not sure.

So, I'll try not to complain (too much) about the weather. For a while. Probably not a long while!

Today was odd. It was pretty cool this morning, then it was warm and sunny, then it was cool & cloudy again. Tomorrow it may be rainy.

Otter had night school today. I took the poochsters with me when I went to get her. A few minutes before I needed to leave, I asked Maggie Moo if she wanted to go for a ride. At the word "ride", she came alive! I went to the other room to tell Billyboy that the dog and I were leaving, and when I got back to the living room they were both sitting patiently at the door to the closet where their leashes are kept. After having to just about lasso them both - to get them still long enough to leash up - we headed out the door and they both went to the car and sat down. I think they've figured out the word Ride! They were quite happy, especially when Frasier seemed to recognize landmarks and he knew that we were going to get Otter. Maggie Moo was crazed by the time her person got to the car, the beagle was hanging out the window and whining. And her back end was wiggling so hard that I honestly think she would have fallen over, if the window frame had not been there to hold her up. Then Otter could hardly get in the car because Maggie was so happy to see her. And Otter had to ride squished around a beagle because the beagle wanted to be as close to her Mom as she possibly could be! Frasier was happy to see Otter, then he did what he usually does - he likes to lie down on the back seat and just chill.

Just like he's doing now, on the floor between Otter's chair and mine. And he'll be snoring in a matter of seconds.
Otter was very happy to get home, because our Girl Scout cookies were delivered while I was gone to pick her up. And, miracle of miracles, Bill didn't eat any of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know what happened to Spring. It feels more like summer here. Our highs are low 80's. I want Spring. It is way to early to start Summer. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'm not in a hurry for summer. I want to enjoy spring - when it finally gets here, although not storms!