Wednesday, March 31, 2010

18! 18! 18!

She's 18!

And very happy.

Otter's been birthday-ing all day long. She got up at her usual 5:30, then stood (im)patiently and waited for us to get to the dining room so she could open her gift from us. We gave her a digital camera. It was the main thing on her list, and she wasn't too surprised but she was happy about it. She took pictures of all her friends at school today, so I think it was a sucess.

Unlike last year's cake, this year's birthday cake was exactly what I ordered. In other words, I did NOT go to Wallyworld! I picked the cake up this morning and brought it home at lunch. And Bill actually managed to stay away from it, wow.

I picked Otter up at school, we came home for a few minutes and then went to meet Grandpa and Sweetie at the Hog Trough. We are all very stuffed, but it's really hard not to overdo it there. (The Hog Trough is what our Dad always called Golden Corral. For a good reason). We came home and had cake & ice cream - which was hard because we were all pretty full, but you have to have cake & ice cream on a birthday. You just have to.

Now, I'm going to take my overstuffed self to the couch. And if I can get the energy up after that meal, I'm going to crochet. And try to figure out just where the last 18 years went!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They went way to fast. That is where the last 18 years went. For me it has been 24, 22 and 20 years. All of them went way to fast. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

JediMom said that Otter can't be over 10 years old. I feel that way about your 3 - they should still be about 8 or 9 and mine should still be 2.