Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Musings

If Maggie was posting this, it would be called Monday Moosings!  But she's off somewhere in the living room, probably snoozing now that she and Frasier have finished their game of Chase/Dog War.

It's Bill's turn to be sick.  He wasn't feeling the best yesterday when we got up, so we skipped church and then he stayed home and hibernated all day.  But I think he actually started to come down with "it" on Saturday, he was sneezy all day.  Yes, I do mean flu when I say "it"!  He felt feverishly warm last night, not that he would let me take his temperature.  He was pretty congested so he decided to sleep on the couch so that I could at least get some sleep.  This morning, he said he was achy but that it was only from the position he slept in - however, I don't quite think that's the reason.  Heavy denial going on!  He had already taken today and tomorrow off - of course, he only/always gets sick when he's on vacation!  He also had Dr. Otter to take care of him today, she said that he was pretty quiet most of the day.  He worked on pachinko projects, fortunately he had a few things to do that he could sit on the couch for.

It's been long enough that I can say without doubt that he did not get it from me.  But he was talking Thursday or Friday about how so many people he works with are sick and most of them seem to have the flu.

But he's feeling a little better this evening.  Yesterday, we talked about Chinese food but never quite got there.  Then when Bill was sick this morning, I told him that I'd get chicken noodle soop fixins** for tonight but he forgot about that completely by the time I got home, and said he wanted that Chinese we'd been discussing.  So, off we went!  We saw a friend of ours that we haven't seen in months while we were at the restaurant, which was a nice surprise.  After we ate (too much!), we came back home and Bill is back to the couch with his pachinko tools in hand.  I do think he has a touch of the flu, but he won't go to the doctor for anything.  (I did try.)

Otter's plugging away at looking for a job.  She's put in a lot of applications and is still searching out places to apply.  She did have one interview at Radio Shack, but it's been several days and she hasn't heard back so she probably can safely assume that she didn't get that job.  She'll find one eventually, there are jobs out there but there are also a lot of people looking for work so it may take a while.  We aren't worried, although I think she might be feeling a little anxious.  She is keeping in touch with the friends she made at college, she is in contact (text, talk, visit, etc.) with most of the bunch.  She realized a few days ago that her 21st birthday is on Easter Sunday.

It was warm today.  65 degrees at 6:00 a.m.!  It got into the 70's later in the day.  It was rainy off & on yesterday, which means that today was H.U.M.I.D.!  Really miserable, when I left for work this morning it was awful.  Humidity and my asthmatic lungs do not play well together and today was no exception.  We actually had the air conditioner turned on at work because it was so ickysticky.  Of course, we were cold.  But at least everybody could breathe!

Also, I'm still a little itchy from the acai experience yesterday.  Which means that it's actually a very severe allergy.  Wish I could take antihistimines, but they do not work for me.  But it's just about gone now.

No comments: