Thursday, January 17, 2013

Technical Derpyculties


Yay!  It worked!  I can post pictures.  Blogger has a notice that there have been some problems with loading pictures so they've posted a "back door" to use and it worked.

Otter, this one is very appropriate.  Don't you think so? :)




OK, now that I've figured that out, on to other things.  Such as the fact that I'm still sick.  And still tired of it.

I went to work this morning, I actually felt a lot better.  Not well, but a lot better.  Until I didn't.  At about 10:30, I cratered.  I managed to get quite a bit done in the short time I was at the office, but I'm thinking that it's going to take me days and days and days and days to get anywhere near caught up again.  When I'm going to be on vacation, I make sure I have plenty of time prior to being off so that I can get everything done.  But the flu caught me off guard.  I'm now pretty certain that my Redhead Anemia last week was probably the early symptoms of the flu coming on, or at least some of it was.

There are a huge number of people in this area that have it, and quite a few had the flu shot.  As I think I've mentioned before, the serum for each year is an educated guess and sometimes they guess wrong.  They did get part of it right, but they didn't get it all right when they were figuring out which strain(s) would be dominant.  I think that the fact that I got the flu shot did help, I don't have all the horrible symptoms and the ones I do have are not as severe as other years when I have gotten the flu without having gotten the shot.  But that doesn't mean I'm enjoying it!  In hindsight, I probably should have gone to the doctor last Friday when I was still in the magic 24-ish hour period for tamiflu to be effective.  But I really didn't think that the pain in my arms was anything other than the tendonitis and the fact that I'd been crocheting a lot.

Right now, I don't think I'm going to attempt work tomorrow but I'll decide for sure in the morning.  I did try not to overdo it today, and mostly I just sat at my desk and worked on paperwork.  But Fridays are kind of chaotic at the best of times and I really don't think it will be a good idea.  I will probably do what I've been doing most of this week:  stay parked on the couch with a blanket, a beagle underneath said blanket at my feet, a glass of water and my motrin close by and (most important!) my yarn and hooks in reach!  Daytime tv sucks, by the way.

Bill was off today and is off tomorrow, he's taking comp time and then he's off on Monday.  I'm fairly certain that I'll be back at work on Monday.  He's been working on pachinko stuff, he's been going out to the garage to work on his sanding/painting/building project and coming back in to the kitchen table, where he has his mold making stuff set up so he can cast parts for the pachinko machines.  Although he did move the mold making stuff off the table for dinner just now!

Dinner was pork chops, rice, brown gravy (yes, Froggy it's Pioneer!) and steamed green beans.  I have been "frying" pork chops when I make them lately, which isn't often.  They aren't really fried in the traditional sense, I think it's probably technically pan-fry but I put a very small amount of olive oil in my frying pan, turn on the heat and then when the pan is warm the pork chops get tossed in.  They are seasoned first with a little salt & pepper on each side.  It probably takes about 15 minutes to cook them through, turning frequently.  They are pretty good, actually.  Cooking dinner was exhausting, even with Otter handling the gravy and vegetable steaming.  The rice pretty much cooks itself, all  I had to stand in front of the stove and flip chops.

And I had to ignore doggies!  They were haunting the kitchen, in hopes of a hand out.  They did get a tiny bite of pork chop, after we'd eaten.  And in their bowls, they are not fed from the table.  Now, they are probably back asleep.

No comments: