Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Day, New Month, New Year!

I'm not superstitious, so I didn't use my original title choice:  Lucky (20)13!  But that's the alternate title for today.

Froggy, I just now saw that you'd left comments when I signed in.  Blogger didn't tell me about them earlier, although it's supposed to.  So, they are both posted now.  And yes, I will make you a frog cap!  But I'm going to work on a particular UFO first.  It's not a resolution, but finishing this one is a goal for this year:

I dragged my afghan out of the closet this morning, I started 2013 with the three C's.  Chocolate, Coffee, Crochet - in that order!.  I put a row on the afghan and then started the next one, which involved a color change.  It's about half done, and I would have finished it last year - if we'd ever actually had winter!  It's big enough now that it's like a small blanket and it is warm.  I had planned on getting back on it last week, but most of my limited crochet time was spent working on Grandpa's afghan.  Which I enjoyed, by the way.

I'm also starting out this year with books.  Otter and I went to a local used book store and we both found what we were looking for.  I now have the complete set (until February 14) of all the Maeve Binchy books.  Well, I think that there might be one or possibly two others but they were never released in the US and I haven't been able to find them anywhere online to order them.

Froggy, it will be worth it.  I promise.  It's not fun, but honestly the anticipation was much worse than the actual process when I had my extractions and got the dentures.  You'll adjust a lot quicker than you think, also.  I suggest you get a few projects lined up such as quilting and maybe a supply of books to read.  You will recover quickly, but you'll have a little down time and will need something to occupy you.  Besides texting me!

I discovered this morning that our home phone is out.  Again.  They just fixed it a few months back and promised me that the problem was solved.  Apparently, it wasn't.  The break in the line was on their side and Bill thinks it probably still is.  He's home the rest of this week, so I'll call them first thing in the morning and see if they can get out here quickly.  So, if anybody needs us you'll have to get us on one of the cell phones.  Or email, but we don't spend a lot of time on the computer so it might be a while before any of us actually check.

In about an hour (around 2:30) I'm going to get my pinto beans on.  We had biscuits & gravy for breakast, then just sandwiches for lunch.  Beans and cornbread are on the menu for dinner tonight.

No comments: