Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Finally Got That Chicken Soup Made!

The soup I planned to make on Monday.  When Bill decided that he was up to Chinese food so we went out for dinner instead.  Bill's still sick, by the way.  But he's following the same pattern I did, it lasts several days and there are times when he feels really good but then suddenly crashes.  Today was one of those crash days, he was off yesterday and Tuesday but today he went in to work.  I think he made it until about 10:00 before he gave up, I happened to be talking to Otter on the phone (she was home) when he came in the door.  I could hear him coughing from the second he came in the door until we got off the phone.  I think the Chicken Noodle Soup helped him, it at least helped Otter!  She wasn't sick, just starved.  (She had two bowls.)  I told her that she is forbidden to get sick.  Hope she listens.

We're back to the standard bi-polar weather for Oklahoma.  Yesterday it poured.  It actually started on Monday, although it wasn't supposed to.  Monday had off & on showers.  Tuesday had what we referred to as Gully Washers in the TEXAN language.  Of course, it would quit or almost quit raining until I had to go outside.  Then, the skies would open up!  Today was in the 30's.  It never got quite to freezing last night, which was good because there was a lot of water on the streets due to all the rain.  But it was still pretty cold today, and windy.  The kind of wind where you need an anchor!  But it was sunny and looked warm.  It wasn't.

I haven't crocheted at all this week.  I was having some tendonitis issues so I've been avoiding it.  Not bad, but just enough that I know it's there and don't want to aggravate it.  Yesterday, one of the times I got soaked was when I was running from the door of the grocery store (on my lunch hour) to my car and I was carrying two very full, heavy bags.  Then I had to carry them inside the office and to the fridge.  The third time was carrying them to the car from the office when I left, of course it started raining again the second I put my foot outside.  The 4th time was from the car to the fridge at home - and the rain quit while I was on the way home but started up again as soon as I got out of the car.  Anyway, the point is that I might not have crocheted all week, but my right arm was in agonizing pain last night.  And it was all from carrying a bag with orange juice and soy with my right arm, but the load on my left arm was probably about the same.  But my right arm is the one that hurt.  I took two extra-strength motrin last night and slept with my arm propped up on a pillow.

I also slept on the couch, because Billyboy was probably louder than a train would have been.  I didn't want to keep waking him, or making him roll over in a vain attempt to quiet him down so I just moved my pillows and a blanket to the couch.  I also carried the humidifier into the living room, which didn't help my arm.  The humidifier is a small, standard size one.  It helps me breathe, it's not like Monday's humidity or when I'm in a humidity-controlled area.  But it was still a little heavy to carry.  I'm not sure about tonight's sleeping arrangements, the couch is not the most comfortable place to sleep but Bill's still pretty stuff.  Frasier was happy I was in there last night, Bill spent a couple of nights in there himself because he was able to prop up better and breathe easier so Frasier's had plenty of company.  Last night, the dog just came over to check on me once and then he spent at least part of the night snoozing beside the couch.  I'm thinking that we'll probably give the dog a tranquilizer the first and maybe second night that nobody is sleeping in the living room.  He's been much better, but nobody wants to go through that again!

No comments: