Sunday, October 14, 2007

Better Day Today

I've quit panicking quite as much over the stolen checks. I normally check my bank account online every couple of days, now I'm going to check it daily. Just because. Someone mentioned to me today about how checks have a lot of security features, including being treated so that if someone tries to do the chemical bleaching blotchy spots will show up. I think that the checks I had were equipped with that, it seems like I read that as one of the features when I ordered them. I also remember seeing a report on the news a couple of months back about people that have been caught stealing checks, one of the things that they would do is take one of the altered checks to some place like Wallyworld where they have the system (I forget the name) where the checks are run through the reader that tells the clerk whether it's a good check or not. Then if it was not a good check, they wouldn't attempt to use it or any others stolen with it if they were the same account. I'm hoping that happens in this case, because the checks are all stopped and the account itself has been closed.

We went thrifting today with our friend Trina. We had a fun time, even though nobody found much. I did find a book, a small gift for Froggy (not telling!) and Otter found a purse and a new blouse. It was a very enjoyable day, and we want to go thrifting with Trina again when we can all get our schedules coordinated. We went to three thrift stores today, but there are still plenty we need to visit again!

We went to a different church this morning. It was ok, but it was a lot smaller than we want. Small churches are fine, but there really don't seem to be any kids Otter's age. Lots younger and a few older, but I didn't see anyone at all that was close to her age. Also, they had a guest minister and we just did not like him. He started out with one thing in his sermon, and then he got off the track. And he stayed derailed. He also talked a lot longer than just about anyone I've ever heard and we got out pretty late. I think that the normal minister preaches a "normal" length sermon, because quite a few people commented to us about how it's not normally quite so long-winded! We might go back and visit again later, when the regular minister is there, but we might not. The people were very friendly and we did like that. It's the same church where we vote. There are a couple of other churches that we will probably visit in the near future.

I'm taking Otter and one of her friends to the pumpkin patch tomorrow after school. I'm picking both of them up at school and heading out there. It is supposed to rain tonight and into tomorrow, but it should be through by early afternoon. I hope so!

No comments: