Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wet & Windy Wednesday

Lots of water. Lots and lots of wind. Springlike storms this afternoon. We have several small limbs down in the front, but they are hardly big enough to be called limbs. There are just a bunch of them. We had a storm system that was supposed to hit us this morning, but it went on north and we didn't have to deal with it. Then the next storm system was supposed to hit about 3:00 and it was right on time. Very windy! It was not nearly as bad as it could have been, there was a little bit of hail but not much and not big. It was a fast-moving storm. We might get more tonight, but late night if it hits. It might also go north, so we might avoid it. Which would be a good thing.

Otter went to work with me today, we went to the library at lunch and she got her weight in books. As usual! She's certainly her mother's daughter. She made a couple of $$ today.

I had a migraine this morning. First one I've had in several months. But I wasn't surprised, I've had MSG a few times lately and I knew I was pushing it but I was hoping I could get by with it. I try to avoid MSG, but it is in so many foods and I've used a couple of things lately in my cooking that I knew had it. Guessed I just pushed a little too hard. Then Otter might have had one this afternoon, she had a headache but she isn't sure if it was a mild migraine or not.

I called two of the places I'd mailed checks to last Friday, when they were stolen. Since the church check made it, I thought it was worth a shot. The two I called are both medical bills, from my surgery in March. One of the offices is closed this week while their building gets a new roof, which they did tell me last Friday but I forgot. I'll call them next Tuesday when they re-open, but they will probably tell me the same thing as the other doctor's office which was that the check did not show up. So I mailed them a new payment today, along with a note. I think that the church check is probably the only one that is actually going to get where it was meant to, and that's probably only because it was dropped and somebody picked it up and put it in a mailbox. I would like to think that the thief felt bad since it was addressed to a church. But probably not! It's kind of frustrating, having to deal with this.

I have just about finished changing our mailing address to the p. o. box. There are still a couple of places I have to call, and I can't change it with Otter's school until I have something with the new address such as a utility bill, that also shows that the street address has not changed. The library said that my cell phone bill was good enough proof for them, but the school probably wants to make sure that kids really live in the district. Which I can understand, considering that my last 2 years of high school were spent living outside of the district! I had forgotten about that.

No comments: